• Welcome to 2 STROKE WORLD .net.
 

News:



modded T500  (No info)

Main Menu

Testing for Charging Issues

Started by BlueR32, September 09, 2026, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

axldk6

I just recently ,like 3 weeks ago, bought my Vape from John@Economy. yes it is pricey ( about $ 280/290 is just tarriff taxed  :eek: ). do buy the upgraded retaining bolt, a new grommet , and I bought the 2 coil brackets , though I could have made it work without. be carful routing the neutral wire too. took me about 1/2 a day to get it up and running. fyi, I marked my timing mark in case I need to pull it back off , for like a pinched neutral wire  :whistle:
been wrenching for many years, still need help some times
1974 RD 350A ( full project bike)
2002 Kawasaki  ZRX 1200R  ( 99% complete)

axldk6

and use the discount code ' 2SW' saves some $.
been wrenching for many years, still need help some times
1974 RD 350A ( full project bike)
2002 Kawasaki  ZRX 1200R  ( 99% complete)

BlueR32

#17
Quote from: axldk6 on September 16, 2026, 08:37:36 AMI just recently ,like 3 weeks ago, bought my Vape from John@Economy. yes it is pricey ( about $ 280/290 is just tarriff taxed  :eek: ). do buy the upgraded retaining bolt, a new grommet , and I bought the 2 coil brackets , though I could have made it work without. be carful routing the neutral wire too. took me about 1/2 a day to get it up and running. fyi, I marked my timing mark in case I need to pull it back off , for like a pinched neutral wire  :whistle:
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Vape kit from Economy. Curious about the coil brackets for the Vape coils though. Looking at the coil bracket pics on Economy website I can't visualize how they mount to the frame. By the way this is for my SRX/RD250 project where I modified the original RD coil bracket to span across the frame (hope the pics show this clearly). Would I be wasting $$ buying the coil brackets in my case?

BlueR32

I found some more detailed pics of the brackets on the HVC website. The brackets clamp around the top frame tube on a stock RD frame. I don't have that center spine tube so I will have to figure out a different mounting arrangement.

m in sc

ive used heavy duty p clamps just run a separate ground

BlueR32

Quote from: m in sc on September 13, 2026, 08:25:25 PMif you order it thru economy cycle make sure to get the relay.(i think he includes it).


post when you get it, i have a few tips.

The Vape Kit arrives tomorrow. Interested in your tips, pray tell :help:

RDryan

It's interesting, when I got my Vape from HVC they never had those coil brackets. Oh well.

m in sc

heat the rotor to 220f when its time to install, tap on w a dead blow, thrn zip the nut down when its time.

rodneya


The Vape Kit arrives tomorrow. Interested in your tips, pray tell :help:
[/quote]

Take all the fasteners apart and put blue locktite on all of them before putting it on the bike. It gets expensive fast if something comes loose while running

bitzz

Quote from: m in sc on September 29, 2026, 09:00:49 PMheat the rotor to 220f when its time to install, tap on w a dead blow, thrn zip the nut down when its time.

Two things a magnet doesn't like: heat and percussion

Lap the rotor to the taper using valve grinding compound, then tighten the nut slowly and torque it.

m in sc

well a single gentle wrap with a deadblow is fine, and 220 won't affect it. needs to get over 400f to affect these.  its an interference fit, no need to lap unless there's prior shaft damage. im running them on 6 bikes right now. one since 07. yes beating on it with a ball peen hammer a d putting it on broil is a bad idea.