News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Deals Gap? (2021)

Started by rd400canuck, December 02, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

or, rent a house vrbo or rent a room at tapoco, fontana, or in Robbinsville. there no lack of accommodations. me? im sleeping in a tent or a trailer for a week, fuck that (for me). Those days are over for me unless i decide to pick up racing. 

The rooms at the KTS site go BLINDINGLY  fast, less than an hour when released usually. then it shuffles but you have to stay on it.  :twocents:

paul1478

Quote from: IR8D8R on December 05, 2019, 03:32:20 PM
See the link Mark posted earlier in the thread. This is run by the Kawasaki triple forum.

The rooms sleep 3. But 2 beds are bunk beds. As far as I understand the rooms go quick. But you can camp on the lawn for a small fee. There are electrical outlets for campers if you pitch a tent. It's a pretty setting but rain is very likely in the region.

There are several other resorts/motels around the Tail of the Dragon. If you search online for that you can find a room if you book now. Other groups use the road too so the rooms need to be reserved in advance.

Last year I slept on a mattress in the back of my enclosed trailer. It was totally posh. Apparently the new owners don't really want this but nobody said anything.

2017 I slept in my car but that sucked. I was thinking I could go home at night but it just takes too damn long to go up and down the hill.

RV's are discouraged. I think actually they are allowed but they want like $50 a day and you can't use the electricity.

Really we are renting the whole resort so they are mostly pretty chill. The staff is really nice in my opinion.

There is a restaurant at the resort with beer that is open for breakfast and until 6pm. They have ice. There are barbecues and a fire pit. I usually bring about 20 lbs of BBQ done in my smoker at home, plenty of beer, and the locally favored beverage in East Tennessee.

IR8D8R

YES please bring more of your BBQ! I would come just for that.
I have seen last year what your "locally favored beverage in East Tennessee" did so I will pass on that...
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

IR8D8R

Paul,

I think you meant to say "pass out on that"...

Only the finest chicken-feed ingredients. I'm pretty sure there is a detectable amount of 2 stroke oil smoke in there too. It's probably what's responsible for the "special" flavor.

IR8D8R

2 Stroke Jamoke

Got me so drunk I fell off my bike in the parking lot.

m in sc

they try roping me in every year.  :drool:

paul1478

Quote from: 2 Stroke Jamoke on December 06, 2019, 01:59:16 PM
Got me so drunk I fell off my bike in the parking lot.
HOW THE HELL did I miss that one??? I need to pay more attn next time.

and Marc, I also am too smart for that. I know how to drink beer but that, nope.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

rd400canuck

thanks everyone... hopefully i can get my ass down there in may. I would be a great experience :)

Striker1423

so for a broke guy like me, how would one ensure a spot to camp at the gap? lol. would just be me, a tent, truck and bike. Also would need a hand loading and unloading the bike. Would pay in beers. :)

paul1478

Just email them. they are likely closed for the winter and will not answer. I doubt there will be any issues. it is about 100 percent 2 strokes.
they charge only a few dollars for the hookup/camping. I have a motorcycle camper I may bring depending on rooms this year.

they also have a loading ramp to help with unloading but I am sure you will have 10 guys willing to help you.

https://www.dealsgap.com/

76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

rd400canuck

So do some of you guys go for the entire week as well?

I working on getting some time off work but am uncertain if they'll let me go for 2 weeks which i what I'd need because I'd need 2 days to get there in my truck. I'm thinking if getting away for 2 weeks isnt possible Id come for 4 days.

m in sc

ive gone for the full week for at least 10 years.

ive been going so long, i actually look young here.  :dawg: (my friend, who i actually just had dinner with, had lunched the middle cyl on this 380) man this had to be around 2001

rd400canuck

ha ha good pic. I love the pics here of you guys dismantling bikes entirely right in the parking lot.

Im a  developer for the fed gov up in canukistan and we are expecting a project to be in full swing so a week of is all I may get, and ask for really. I dont want to take off too long cause I'll only shoot myself in the foot at work disappearing too long. I'd love to be there for the whole week though.. would be such a nice break doing things that are right up my alley. I'm the only guy in my town that I am even aware of that's into old japanese two-strokes.

Is there an itinerary of any sort?  A meeting to start things off or do I just show up and introduce myself?

m in sc

just show up. theres guys that do organised, rides, cookouts, etc. I just play it by ear. Just show up, we are a friendly crowd. 

Kawtriplefreak

The rooms were all spoken for in 12 minutes on the initial offering. There are usually some changes so keep a lookout at this thread on the Kaw Triple Board. http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13989&start=10