Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Deals Gap? (2021)

Started by rd400canuck, December 02, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

Mark,
After you left yes. I was setting up for an inside curve going down the hill and my glove stuck to the throttle grip when I reached for the brake and blipped at the wrong time. It stood me up and I went straight into the ditch. Still getting used to the super sensitive throttle response of the FI bike. I was in "A" mode and it's worse on that setting. Somebody makes a progressive throttle mod to lessen the effect.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/g2-throttle-tamer-yamaha.

...I probably won't use it. Others have the same issue.

Yeah I was probably going too hard but I was having fun. I have been using Nike 'Barry Bonds' batting gloves because I like the feel and fit. They are super grippy and so are the handgrips. What I needed at that moment was slip not grip. Probably I should get purpose motorcycle gloves.

The ditch fortunately was lined with duff, leaves, rotten wood, and not rocks. I stayed in the seat until it stopped so the bike doesn't have a scratch except for a dent in the header. I got very lucky. Kept riding...

IR8D8R

rd400canuck

Thanks to covid my big plans to drive down from Ottawa, Canada to meet everyone in NC got cancelled.... and I didnt have any hopes for this year either but now that  it looks like the dems are getting in I suspect covoid will cease be the end of the world and the border will reopen....  fingers crossed I get to come and meet you all in May 2021. I recently bought a Palomino 1251 truck camper so I'm all set!

e30 gangsta

Anyone on here going this year?

m in sc

we booked a house, all week as per usual. as it tim and a few others.

paul1478

I JUST texted Chuck to see if he is in on sharing a room again. If he is I am coming and staying again for sure. If not, I am still coming up for sure just not sure where I will stay.

Last year my wife and I came up 2 weeks after the last meet with the Goldwing AND my RD. We stayed at the Fontana resort. After riding all day with her I would go out right before dusk and no one was on the roads. Best riding on the gap ever.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

AJr.

Hello guys, AJ here. I was thinking about going again this year, but I left my very old visa expire early last year. Right  now the US embassy here in Brazil is working at a snail's pace because of covid. I don't think I'll be able to get my visa renewed in time. All you guys have a great time there!!

Evans Ward

Hi AJ! Was nice meeting and talking with you at the Gap 2 years ago. Hope you are doing well.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

whats up AJ! hope you can make it, we met last time as well.  :vroom:

Kawtriplefreak

Good to see you posting AJ!

AJr.

Hope all you guys are doing very very well!! I constantly remember all the great conversations we had at the meet.
I haven't done any air travel last year, I can't even imagine the craze it must be right now on the airports and places with a lot of people. Unfortunately my Visa will probably require an interview, because I forgot about it for almost a year now. All the USA embassies here were always very busy before covid, sometimes you had to book 3 months in advance. I don't know if I'll be able to get it done in time for the meet. :cry:

m in sc

here's hoping. good luck!

pidjones

AJ, I used to work with students from all over the world. The best advice you can get is #1 DON'T USE AN AGENT!!! They will just take your money. #2 Go on the US consulate web site for your country and follow their instructions to the letter. Re-read the instructions (they change from time to time). Having a COVID vaccine is probably going to be required. Would love to see you here this year. I live about an hour's ride from 129.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

we'll be there.

Im combining this with the other gap thread.

FWIW, i'll be renting a cabin at Fontana Village (not staying at base camp)

m in sc

Kawtriplefreak

I am ready. My bikes are not. But they will be.