News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Kvedwulf top end kit with new cylinders and pistons $274? Ebay...

Started by IR8D8R, October 07, 2020, 11:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

rodneya

Striker1423

Yeah, it's the chinese parts just Russian named lol.

They are definitely intriguing, but I'm a one motor guy atm. So.... why bother when I'm a Supertune away from my bike running again. :D

John Ritter

I never knew about them, never saw one but the cylinder pictures look as good as the oem. Updated piston style. If the liner hardness is high enough they might be worth the gamble ???????  Better than sleeving and losing all the transfer area (another guess on my part). I have 350 cylinders on my 250 bike and have already started converting a pair of 400's to replace them so I'll have to pass on being a test case. Hope who ever is has a good outcome.

m in sc

danny has some on his bike. they come from the same place, im sure.  id run em, but probably use prox pistons and clean up the porting a bit. He told me the port edges needed a debur, but i mean, for a virgin 64mm bore, worth a shot.

Striker1423

Quote from: m in sc on October 08, 2020, 10:54:09 AM
danny has some on his bike. they come from the same place, im sure.  id run em, but probably use prox pistons and clean up the porting a bit. He told me the port edges needed a debur, but i mean, for a virgin 64mm bore, worth a shot.

Do you think if the bores are straight and not too porous that you could have them plated at millenium?

m in sc

I DONT SEE WHY NOT. You could always bore em straight if they are off and have it permanently at like, .50 over.  I'm sure the plater would let you know if the material is worth/can be plated.

rodneya

A lot of the Chinese sleeves have porosity holes in them that are easily visible. Im not sure if anyone would be willing to plate them.
The liners on the ktm and PW 50 china barrels and most Banshee ones is quite soft and does not last very long, so plating would probably help.

I still think if you are going to the expense to dowel the sleeves so that dont spin, porting and plating you would be better off to get an OEM set and get them plated when you get to the last bore size.

John Ritter

I agree with the possibility of porosity and the softness due to low brinell readings. Years age L.A. Sleeve replacement sleeves were so soft even chamfering the ports could be done with a hand held scraper. What amazed me later was they advertised the brinell number on their website as if it was something good. Plating oems at last bore is much better than loosing the transfer duct volume with the thick replacement liners. With that said condemning the new parts isn't fair either until we have feedback to assess, if I needed a pair of cylinders, I would try them and hope to get a fair product and if sleeving was my other option I would buy the new ones, with sleeving you know you lose performance.

RustyRD

Alright, someone bought six of these last night Kveldwulf Yamaha RD350. I wonder who on the forum might be going to try these?

rodneya

Anybody thinking about buying garbage like this, take a read here, posted today by still biking with firsthand experience.
http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=692.15