Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

tdr/dt project finished

Started by elliottles1, March 07, 2022, 07:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliottles1

folks,
couple of pics of a recently finished project. Chassis is a TDR125 with a DT400 engine shoehorned in there. the chassis, wheels, brakes are far superior to the original DT versions, and the dt400 engine is one of my favourite 2strokes. it runs sweet to 7k rpm, it would pull a stump out. the carb is an OKO 34mm flat slide power jet, foam air filter, the exhaust is an adaptation of the original TDR.
cheers
les.

85RZwade

That's a neat combination Les, and I imagine yours is the only one! What's next?
I post waayyy too much

elliottles1

85RZwade,

Actually, i have another one of these on the go with a dt250 engine in it, however i am currently locked in to fitting a YZ250 cylinder onto the DT gearbox (which is a bit fiddly but very doable). ill post when i have some more progress.

cheers
les.

m in sc

thats interesting. reminds me of the CR(?) framed RD that keith did. I bet its rowdy.  :olaf:

elliottles1

hi again,

made progress today on the "other one" this one is the same chassis with a dt250 bottom end and a yz250f barrel grafted onto it, carb is a lovely 34mm flatslide with a clear floatbowl and a dialable power jet that i hope i can reach while riding the bike flat out!!

cheers
les.