News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

me Daytona is ALIVE

Started by waktaylor, June 28, 2020, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waktaylor

Great thanks to Chuck, and Scott for their beautiful work and invaluable information.

I could not wait so I plugged the crossover ports, and connected a DIY lithium battery i had in the garage. The proper throttle cable is on the mail as well.

I kicked this thing 3 times before it was running about this smoothly.

Not sure if you can see this facebook video if not Ill figure something out soon. Sounds sweeet

https://www.facebook.com/kylemyway/videos/10105205637482783/?t=16

Heads, jugs, porting, and pistons from Scott Clough Racing. Went for a street stage 1 i think.
VM30 carbs, Team Scream "boost" bottle and jetting, VFroce3 reeds
Old expansion chambers. PO called them Toomy's?
Premix with injection pump and tank removed.

SoCal250

Congrats! :clap:  Those look like old school Spec II pipes
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

waktaylor

Im nearing the finish line for my Daytona. New stuff all around. Love the tires so far.

Thanks to everyone here for their inputs.

Czakky

:cheerleader: love the fairing. I don't say that often.

quocle603

Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

waktaylor

I usually don't either. This bike belonged to a good friend so the fairing was his add-on. I do like it more and more.

Anyone know where I can get a new hood for it? This one is purple

Quote from: Czakky on August 27, 2020, 08:08:43 PM
:cheerleader: love the fairing. I don't say that often.

m in sc

looks good. pretty much all the emgo viper fairings have screens that color. at least everyone ive seen.

waktaylor

Darn. I figured it was faded. So emgo?
Quote from: m in sc on August 28, 2020, 10:18:53 AM
looks good. pretty much all the emgo viper fairings have screens that color. at least everyone ive seen.

Tuck

m in sc

yes, it is faded. they are more regular tinted blackish when new. still available though

IR8D8R

This looks exactly like the fairing I have on my RD 350. It was from Lockhart Phillips in Reno, CA.

They may be out of business. Their website timed out when I tried to connect today. It looks basically identical to the Emgo but was substantially less expensive. I think I paid $35 for mine 2 years ago. I don't know if it is the same part. I have seen these marketed under several brands.

Mine was not branded in any way and came in a plain white box. Chinois probably.

I know they had replacement screens in clear and the purple smoke you have now. The purple tint is the same as mine. I think they offered opaque black also.

In my case the $35 covered up $500 worth of ugly so it was a good exchange.

If they are out of business someone may have stock. There were a few companies offering their stuff online.

IR8D8R

waktaylor

Found one on ebay. Ill be ordering next week.

Quote from: IR8D8R on August 29, 2020, 02:52:47 PM
This looks exactly like the fairing I have on my RD 350. It was from Lockhart Phillips in Reno, CA.

They may be out of business. Their website timed out when I tried to connect today. It looks basically identical to the Emgo but was substantially less expensive. I think I paid $35 for mine 2 years ago. I don't know if it is the same part. I have seen these marketed under several brands.

Mine was not branded in any way and came in a plain white box. Chinois probably.

I know they had replacement screens in clear and the purple smoke you have now. The purple tint is the same as mine. I think they offered opaque black also.

In my case the $35 covered up $500 worth of ugly so it was a good exchange.

If they are out of business someone may have stock. There were a few companies offering their stuff online.

IR8D8R