News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Rd350 speedometers

Started by MRDRcycle, April 10, 2020, 02:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRDRcycle

I found a few rd350 speedometers for sale, but there appears to be 2 different types that fit the same 73-75 rd. The cable connections and etc. appear to be in the same format, but the bottoms their cases are shaped differently.

Both my speedo and tach protrude outward at the base and around the cable connection. Others I've seen that are listed for the same bike are entirely flat across the bottom.

Are both types interchangeable. It seems like they are, but figured I would check.

m in sc

bottom pic correct for 73-75 350

rodneya

Top one could be for a Rajdoot

m in sc

thought the radjoot speedos had bigger cable connection threads? but maybe.  :umm:

Jspooner

There are differences in the 73-75 though. The faces are different (I have no idea which face for what year) and the trip meter knob is in a different place on one of the years. Again, I have no idea what one is for what year.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

SoCal250

Quote from: Jspooner on April 10, 2020, 05:39:47 PM
There are differences in the 73-75 though. The faces are different (I have no idea which face for what year) and the trip meter knob is in a different place on one of the years. Again, I have no idea what one is for what year.

Correct, I kind of remember that we had a discussion on this on the old forum years ago. It's been so long I don't recall the specifics.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

MRDRcycle

Thanks for the heads up. I recently found a tach for cheap that looked like the 2nd image. I installed it and it works fine. I might take a chance on a "cheaper" speedometer that also looks like the 2nd photo. Mine are oem and look like the speedo in the first image. If I pull the trigger, I'll let everyone know if it fits;)