Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

73 Yamaha TZ350

Started by IR8D8R, May 15, 2020, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxford

I don't know why this bike reminds me of it but does anyone else remember maybe 10 years ago the Kawasaki H1r that popped up in EBay?

The seller had no idea at the time of listing of what it was and had starting bid of a few hundred bucks or so.  The bids quickly got up in the thousands and the guy was hammered with questions and offers.  I can't remember if the auction actually finished out or it got pulled right before it ended but bidding was up over 20k.  It was quite the entertainment watching the auction and reading real time feedback on the old KTW forum.

bitzz

Quote from: Yamaha 179 on May 19, 2020, 07:12:04 AM

Other problems:  The seat has an oil tank which the TZs didn't have.  Could be explained as a left over or by a replacement due to crash damage....
Lyn Garland

My all original TZ-B has that same tail, there is an oil tank under there too.
My TR3 has the same tail
AFIK air cooled TR3s have rad mounts, mine does. Any one know what frame numbers TR3s have? Mine has had the steering head replaced.

I notice this thing has R5 left cover (there is an ear on the outer cover) and it looks like a TZ right cover (you can't see it very well)

The tach mount is also correct for TZ A or B, and there is a correct one in the spares too. They look like the air-cooled ones with an ear welded on the side to hold the water gauge, not the same as later TZs.

That TD3-xxxx frame.... HMmmmmm... that kinda throws it.......
To me it looks like a A or B in an earlier frame, which happened as those early TZ frames would break... can't see if the top mount is still there.
http://www.tz350.net/serial_numbers.htm
Maybe a TZ350A. If it is an "A" it's would be worth $10G, IF it was in better shape. This thing needs a TON of work before it will a race track again.

It would be a lot easier to buy/sell if the guy selling it had a clue.....