Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

TM32s while waiting for VM34 ufos.

Started by m in sc, June 22, 2020, 03:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teazer

Quote from: Baldwin53 on June 26, 2020, 07:17:30 PM
So, my son, David Baldwin, will be doing some experimenting with adding UFOs and, X-Wings to the stock 28mm carbs on his RD350. He'll be making comparisons on the Dyno for documented results before and, after installing each new component. The only thing that is not stock are the expansion chambers and stator/CDI from Chuck. As I understand it, the carbs will be adjusted for proper (max) EGT.

That will be really interesting to see the results. 

Just test and compare the results and only adjust jetting or timing if the motor needs it.  BTW, max EGT is NOT what you are looking for.  Peak efficiency is when torque is maximized at a particular RPM.

Czakky

Drifting this subject a bit.

What are thoughts on enlarging the opening of the standard aftermarket rubber y-boot for the flatslides?

Would that be too restrictive?

I think I've got one opened enough, I just haven't fit it yet...

m in sc

my opinion? bad idea. it fucks up the flow to the airjet openings in the bellmouth.  Puts them in a turbulent zone.

I just put on 6" long unis in place of the 4's on the hybrid with the tm32s. it runs very strong with them. like 4 hour ride 2 weeks ago, saw 120 a few times maintained 80 most of the ride with lots of short power bursts on top of that. I may play w the 34s again in the spring though.

Czakky