Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Big brother VS Little brother

Started by quocle603, September 17, 2020, 10:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

I was desperately looking for an RZ when I found my LC.

Still haven't ridden it, but I would assume it's right inbetween the RD400 and RZ350 refinement wise.

Gotta say, tho, after almost 25 years of ownership, I have not one single complaint about my TDR250.  It's basically one generation of evolution newer than an RZ :metal:

... and I kick myself every time I think about my TZR, which I stupidly sold, because I'm a fcuking idiot. :bang:   Two generations of evolution newer than the TDR, and the end of the line for road-going yamaha twin twostrokes.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Kawtriplefreak

I love my RZ too. I ride it more than my 75 RD350 and my H2750 Triple. The RZ as stated by others is considerably more refined and comfortable. It is easy to ride fast, and fast it is for a 350. Mine gets in the mid 30s for gas mileage flogging it and you can ride it all day with ease.  The RD is more raw and a bit more rowdy in comparison but nowhere near as fast as the RZ. It is nimble and quick and puts a grin on my face every time I ride it.  The H2 is way behind either of the Yamaha twins in almost all areas except for the brutal acceleration and the visceral thrill of hanging on to 750 CCs of piston port 2 stroke as the tach passes 5500 and it comes up on the pipe.

Striker1423

I love the RZ. The problem for me is the cost of... well everything. Parts are a premium for RZ stuff. the bikes themselves are harder to come by and cost what an RD400 does now lol. Although there is one in Chicago atm that is 4k.

I just have more of a fascination with the GT750 triple. Never seen one, but just want one. I bet I'll get one after all the dreaming and hate it haha.

Striker1423

Quote from: Striker1423 on October 07, 2020, 02:49:09 PM
I love the RZ (lemme clarify... as a potential next bike as I've never owned or seen one that I can recall). The problem for me is the cost of... well everything. Parts are a premium for RZ stuff. the bikes themselves are harder to come by and cost what an RD400 does now lol. Although there is one in Chicago atm that is 4k.

I just have more of a fascination with the GT750 triple. Never seen one, but just want one. I bet I'll get one after all the dreaming and hate it haha.
oops