This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Stop Indicator issue - Not working

Started by KANDY, August 02, 2020, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KANDY

Hi all,
I give up, please help out. 1974 RD350 Stop Indicator not working as it should. When Ignition on stop indicator also on ( Not solid on but pale)
When I hold the Brake, it go off (suppose to be happening opposite way) This RD is converted for LED and was working as it should until last weekend after a 120 km Ride.
This RD has Coil Relay MOD also
I changed this bulb to normal one it never on. I checked all continuity with the wiring diagram looks good, only the light checker I dont know how it works.
Please some one put some info on this, I will be going back to normal bulb just check the LED conversion was the issue in the first place.
A video is uploaded to explain the issued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuyioa0U5Ao

Just an update - this stop indicator was blinking while I was riding last weekend and come straight on when I hold the brake
The current issue I noticed Next morning,  I am trying to figure out what is the issue since, I give up now.
1974 RD350
1977 RD400
1979 RD400 Daytona Special

KANDY

1974 RD350
1977 RD400
1979 RD400 Daytona Special

m in sc

well, it wont work with an led correctly as it needs the resistance. cant say as i've ever seen one go bad, but id replace it. its not serviceable.  pretty sure there's just a diode and a resistor in there.