Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

NOT Impressed

Started by retaRD, August 20, 2020, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quocle603

Quote from: RDryan on August 23, 2020, 05:51:30 PM
Just got back home over three hours ago from a good ride up north from where I live. Left my home at 7am with a riding jacket, gloves, full face helmet and jeans and sneakers on. It was about seventy degrees outside and felt brisk. I was appropriately dressed for the ride after three hours into the ride I was up in Laconia, NH for the start of motorcycle weekend. The day was clear and sunny later that morning and getting hotter and more humid. It wasn't too crowded but one could feel the energy. Lots of packs of bikers. Mostly all Harleys. I was the only 2006 gsxr1000 I came across and if had my Superduke gt it would of been the same. Lots of older guys and gals I would say in their fifties or maybe sixties doubling on baggers in t shirts with sunglasses. No helmets as I could see the grins ear to ear. Probably no riding gloves either. When it gets hot and humid it's tempting to shed the gear for me as well. Thankful that I made my way back home in mostly pleasant weather to avoid the temptation of shedding protective gear. Not to mention the thundershowers that were predicted later in the afternoon.

Man I wish I could have met another member. I live in NH and try my best to avoid Bike Week. So many people were out this past weekend.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

economan

Quote from: retaRD on August 21, 2020, 03:13:04 PM
FWIW that's a Yamaha Bolt.
Either way, Harleys are as stupid as the people who ride them.

I got a Harley, and lot's of other bikes as well. So does that make me  stupid all of the time or only while riding the Harley.?  :umm:
That is about the most ignorant thing I have heard about a fellow "motorcyclist"  We are all in this together, for better or worse.
In case you have not been paying attention, the general public do not like motorcycles, period.
If all of the so called "stupid Harley riders" hated all of these "stupid 2 strokes" etc. well then where does this get us.  :help:

85RZwade

:agree: we are all motorcyclists, and if you're on a two-stroke, you and I will have more in common than if you're on a (insert any other brand/type/design/era of motorcycle here), but that just means our conversation will be longer. History is full of bad shit that happened because one group lacked tolerance for another.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

I can say without a doubt that comment is very tongue in cheek. lighten up guys, i was hanging with Nathan earlier this week.  :twocents:

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

retaRD

Quote from: pdxjim on August 24, 2020, 02:35:45 PM

Welp, cover's blown.  Ha.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

:clap:

hey, at least i didn't rat you out.

:whistle:

RDryan

Quote from: quocle603 on August 24, 2020, 06:29:21 AM
Quote from: RDryan on August 23, 2020, 05:51:30 PM
Just got back home over three hours ago from a good ride up north from where I live. Left my home at 7am with a riding jacket, gloves, full face helmet and jeans and sneakers on. It was about seventy degrees outside and felt brisk. I was appropriately dressed for the ride after three hours into the ride I was up in Laconia, NH for the start of motorcycle weekend. The day was clear and sunny later that morning and getting hotter and more humid. It wasn't too crowded but one could feel the energy. Lots of packs of bikers. Mostly all Harleys. I was the only 2006 gsxr1000 I came across and if had my Superduke gt it would of been the same. Lots of older guys and gals I would say in their fifties or maybe sixties doubling on baggers in t shirts with sunglasses. No helmets as I could see the grins ear to ear. Probably no riding gloves either. When it gets hot and humid it's tempting to shed the gear for me as well. Thankful that I made my way back home in mostly pleasant weather to avoid the temptation of shedding protective gear. Not to mention the thundershowers that were predicted later in the afternoon.

Man I wish I could have met another member. I live in NH and try my best to avoid Bike Week. So many people were out this past weekend.

Yeah well if you had stopped by Mickey D's around 10ish we would've crossed paths ;D So whilst there I chatted it up with a fella just taking his Sunday cruise from an hour and a half away somewhere in Maine. Said it was dead as a doornail from another guy he knew but I guess I was just there at the right time because it seemed like it was really picking up steam. I saw numerous bikes with NY plates.

Your lucky it's a really nice area to be to ride this time of year. Unfortunately I have to plan rides up that way as it's a good couple hours and some change away. I actually took the right to head to the boulavard of Weirs beach where everybodies set up and immediately pulled a uuueeey to take a rt. and head north. Freaken sweet day and ride up there for sure. Wish I hadn't of headed east so quick but for me that was a nearly seven hours out of the house and on the bike and I had to head home sensibly but had I Laconia for a starting point....A man  can dream can't he? Why yes a man can dream.  :whistle:

quocle603

You located in MA (according to your profile)?

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

RDryan

Hi, yes I do. Gloucester,Ma. to be exact. Not too far of the border by Hampton,NH.

quocle603

Lets ride or chat about smelly smokey  oily bikes.