Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1973 Kawasaki S2 350 triple $14K - CL - Glendora, CA

Started by SoCal250, August 28, 2020, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

I ain't mad at it.

In the end, I made a few bucks, and had fun restoring the bike that got me hooked on two strokes back in the late '80's.

After I was done, I realized I just wasn't into it.  Triples are super bitchin' and sound awesome, but Yamahas will always be better bikes.

Did you sell to the pushy guy in SoCal who's the "buyer for the vintage resto shop specifically prepping bikes for Japanese investors"?  I can't remember his name but he blew my phone up and was pissed I wouldn't sell to him.

Haha.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

No, this was a local guy from Renton "*** buys bikes". Actually pretty easy to deal with. I did alright considering most of the bikes I sold him were attained for next to nothing! Wasn't till after they were gone that I realized  :umm: there went one of my parts bikes with a lot of good stuff on them....................D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

85RZwade

I once sold a CB400F to a broker for twice what I paid. He said it was going back to Japan. I let it go because however cool it was, my RZ was quicker, faster, handled and braked better. I was young and foolish then...I feel old and foolish now. -They might be Giants
I post waayyy too much