This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1973 Rd350

Started by oxford, September 13, 2020, 11:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnein

oxford

Thanks guys.  I'm still trying to sort out the speedo problem.  I originally thought it was a voltage problem as I was only seeing around 10 volts at idle without a battery.  I got a battery hooked up and apparently that isn't the issue.  I need to get speedhut involved and see what they say.

I didn't get to far with the gas cap either, it was suggested it might be a baffle issue with gas sloshing around.  I didn't put them back in when I had the tank apart, I didn't think I would really need it on a street bike.  I'm going to try and fill the tank up with fuel cell foam and see how it goes

rodneya

My tank has an internal baffle and still leaks a bit when it is really full. The old Norton commando sytle cap leaked and I thought it was the flange on the tank that was dinged and dented so I switched to a monza style cap. Internals are almost exactly the same, and it still leaks a bit. Only thing I can figure is that there is a breather hole on the middle of the cap seal and fuel can go up through the breather and get on top of the seal

JB Weld

This is amazing. Very impressed with your work!  :drool:

oxford

Thanks.  An update on the speedo.  I did get it working correctly, I was using non-resistor spark plugs and it wasn't happy with noise.  Changed them out to R plugs and all is good.

Paint is on the agenda for the winter time but I lost my spot indoors where I could paint and had a compressor so it either is find a shop to paint it or get a compressor and wait until some warmer weather and try and do it outside.

Djg8493

I've been tempted to try one of these type set ups for paint in the basement or shed.  Would need run the heater in shed for while first but at least it would keep the dust out.  Anyone else tried one?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/HomeRight-Spray-Shelter-7-27-lb-8-ft-x-6-ft-Drop-Cloth/1000748364?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-pnt-_-google-_-pla-_-106-_-sospaintsprayers-_-1000748364-_-0&placeholder=null&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIru-o8JCw7QIVx_rICh1segrSEAQYBCABEgKLPfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6

oxford

I could plastic off a section in my garage to setup a makeshift paint booth if I really wanted so that is an option.

For anyone on here that actually does painting and wants to trade their labor for some machining or welding/fab labor hit me up.