Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

TZ125 help!

Started by SpoonerS, October 17, 2020, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpoonerS

so, a buddy of mine has an opportunity pick up a TZ125, but is lost as to what year it might be and has yet to hear frlm the current owner on that.  In the meantime Does anyone know when they started building them on the aluminum box frames? Also, where are the best places to find parts for late 80s/90s models?
Disappointed, but not surprised.

teazer

I am guessing 1990 or within a few years of that.  TZ125H (1980 was steel framed and for some reason I thought they stopped production and restarted with the beam frame in or around 1990.  But I cannot swear to that.  Try over on NATS where racers tends to hang out.

Try RSCycles for parts or ask on NATS

Yamaha 179

If you will post the VIN I can tell  you the year.
Lyn Garland

85RZwade

Ask Don (Teezed, he's the administrator) on NATS; he restored a TZ125 and I think he still has it. He's a wealth of information.
I post waayyy too much

SpoonerS

Thanks for the tips guys.

Turns out the bike in question is actually a Honda RS125 that someone painted a tuning fork logo on at one point. These are all good things to know though!

teazer

Even better.  aluminum frame dates it anywhere after 89 IIRC.

Would be funny if it turned out to be our old bike.

85RZwade

I have an HRC tuning manual for '98 RS125R and an HRC owners manual/parts list for '97 RS125R I 'd part with if you need.
I post waayyy too much

SpoonerS

Quote from: 85RZwade on October 24, 2020, 05:08:27 PM
I have an HRC tuning manual for '98 RS125R and an HRC owners manual/parts list for '97 RS125R I 'd part with if you need.

That'd be great I'm sure. I'll find out if he wants it/them. He also just ordered a newly built motor for it, so he will be working on it over winter. He's not stranger to 90s 2 strokes. Also has both an Aprilia RS250 and RS50.

busa1300

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared