This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Wrist pain riding cafe Rd

Started by Still biking, November 02, 2020, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on November 07, 2020, 01:31:10 AM
I have euro style bars on most of my bikes.  I suggested drag bars because they look "trick" kinda like how clip-ons and clubman bars look.  Even when I was 18 clubmans were hard to ride with for very long.  Now... no ways I would use clip-ons or clubmans.  BTW I am 41 years past being 18.
Yes, my back has 68 years on it, and still prefers Euro or Daytona bars (except on my GL1800). For me, not being a racer, riding is enjoyment and anything that detracts from the enjoyment needs corrected. Cool-factor has no value when your back (or wrists, or bottom, or neck) is aching.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

rd400canuck

I feel the same as Pdjones..  I'm 50 now and I mod my bikes for comfort even though I love the feeling and control of leaning over the bars with clipons. I have the stock RD400c bars (They look like the stock ones to me) and they are super comfortable. I have a wrist injury and when I ride my CBR400 F4i my wrist aches so badly and also the back of my neck. Comfort is also the reason I run 100% stock intake and exhaust... can't stand the drone from after market intakes and exhausts anymore when I'm just fartin around town trying to relax and enjoy myself. When I want to give er i take out the CBR. Of course that's just me... everyone likes what they like :)

rodneya

Quote from: rd400canuck on November 07, 2020, 09:04:29 AM
I feel the same as Pdjones..  I'm 50 now and I mod my bikes for comfort even though I love the feeling and control of leaning over the bars with clipons. I have the stock RD400c bars (They look like the stock ones to me) and they are super comfortable. I have a wrist injury and when I ride my CBR400 F4i my wrist aches so badly and also the back of my neck. Comfort is also the reason I run 100% stock intake and exhaust... can't stand the drone from after market intakes and exhausts anymore when I'm just fartin around town trying to relax and enjoy myself. When I want to give er i take out the CBR. Of course that's just me... everyone likes what they like :)

Im also50 now, but I went the other way. Woodcraft clipons (GSXR forks have a step and they were the only ones I found that fit), Modified motor with pods and pipes made bu me with 1" id silencers and about 1/2"seat pad. Took 2 or 3 goes to get the rearsets positioned so that I am comfortable

~JM~

Pro-Taper or Renthal Honda CR bars in low to mid rise.

Convert that CAFE bike into a Street Tracker.  :whoop: