News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

setting up garage at house

Started by m in sc, November 02, 2020, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

got compressor located and hardware bins. bought the lower ones new. space saving using dead space makes me happy  :toot:

rodneya

My garage ceiling is about 20 feet high, and Ive been planning on building a mezzanine so that I can use the wasted space up there. Sometime soon I will actually get around to it.

m in sc

IF i had the height, would definitely do that. and put in a car lift. But, alas.

Czakky

:clap: I'm jealous.
I always say that when we bought our house I wanted nothing bigger than what we(me, wife and daughter) were needed, low maintenance and a garage for bikes.
We ended up with a 5 bed 2-1/2 bath 2500 sf, 120 year old house with a 6x8 shed.

I've since upgraded to an 8x12 shed. Ha!

Cobraace2

Quote from: rodneya on November 13, 2020, 01:14:48 PM
My garage ceiling is about 20 feet high, and Ive been planning on building a mezzanine so that I can use the wasted space up there. Sometime soon I will actually get around to it.

That's what I'm doing first phase 20X40 is up got sixty bikes off the floor

m in sc

sweet.

is that a black 125 stinger i see in there?  :swoon:

Cobraace2

Quote from: m in sc on November 16, 2020, 11:42:20 AM
sweet.

is that a black 125 stinger i see in there?  :swoon:

Yes sir I have 4 69,70 and 2 71's I love them  :righteous:

m in sc

dammit. If i ever find one i'll grab it. one fo the few i haven't had id like to own someday.

Is that a chevelle on the lift? what the hell hit the passenger side?  BTW, jealous of your lift and footage. thats a sweet building. Next move for me, for sure.

85RZwade

Thanks for posting those photos; my wife can now see that my paltry hoard (herd?) is actually quite reasonable!
I post waayyy too much

Cobraace2

Quote from: m in sc on November 16, 2020, 09:46:57 PM
dammit. If i ever find one i'll grab it. one fo the few i haven't had id like to own someday.

Is that a chevelle on the lift? what the hell hit the passenger side?  BTW, jealous of your lift and footage. that's a sweet building. Next move for me, for sure.

Yes grab one if you can , that is a 69 lemans that i'm turning into a Pro Touring GTO and here is the office almost there .

url=https://postimg.cc/qgyvYkXX][/url]

m in sc

ah should have zoomed in. c6 chassis?

m in sc

finally got he shed built, which allowed me to get the yard stuff relocated, making room 'where it counts'. still need to bring a few bikes home,  but this is how it currently sits.

shed for the yard junk. still needs staining/paint and ramp. Bah. Built it all myself. I hate carpentry. 8x12.

thanks to the members on here that suggested the LED strips and the overhead bins.  :patriot: :clap: :cheerleader: those were a huge help, and i get more people that come over asking about the bins than anything non bike related.

pidjones

Nice! I hate carpentry, too. That's why I bought a Mennonite-built barn delivered and set up for the wife's Kawasaki Mule and garden gear, and paid a guy to build an 8' extension to one side for the garden tractors and other stuff.

Our garage is so small that it barely holds two GoldWings and and RD400c.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

the reason i built mine was because i wanted it done the way I wanted. everything was put together with 2 or 3" coated deck screws, vapor barrier under the floor, etc. I drilled each hole prior to putting in the screws, and used 2 per beam vs the 1 nail they recommended.  same with the floor, and roof. except the trim pieces which have finishing nails.  also poured concrete footers then used the piers on top of that, will stay level .

last shed i had built i had to re-shim it to level about 5 yrs in and nails were always squeezing their way out.  still, i did the whole thing, effectively, and mostly single handed, in about 40-45 hours + 10 for the concrete and sub frame.   cash wise i'm in about 2200 total.