Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Flasher info

Started by Striker1423, September 03, 2020, 09:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

Just so others are aware, I was struggling with finding a flasher that was the correct voltage and hookup for the RD250. My main issue was the various flashers I tried would either not blink at idle, or blink, but change blinking rhythm with the RPM of the motor.

The solution was one I snagged off the Honda OHC forum (Thanks Google). It's an electronic flasher. Never thought of it before. But, using the Novita EP-35 (available at any auto parts store for around 12 bucks) has now solved my flashing woes. This is a 3-pole flasher, with one pole being positive, one load, and one negative. I just made a quick ground wire and hooked the flasher up to my bike. It flashes correctly now and comes on instantly.  :vroom:

quocle603

I have a Novita one. Mine just crapped out, worked great though.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

pidjones

NAPA here carries an electronic flasher that I've used successfully on two GL1000s, One CB750F, a car and a truck. The great part is that they do not care about incandescent or LED load, they just flash.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

quocle603

I love when I get the ones with a buzzer/beeper. Sounds like I am backing up. :)
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

pidjones

This one says "LOUD" on it, but I've never heard it even in a car. But, the '78 and '79 GL1000s have signal beepers as part of the system.

m in sc

nice. good info

I put a digital one in the galaxie, bothered me because i couldn't hear the click, so bought one of the 'loud' ones. Happy now.   :celebrate:

Redbird

"When you're Dead, you don't know that you're Dead. It's only difficult for Others.
It's the same when you're Stupid"

rodneya

Quote from: Redbird on September 09, 2020, 07:23:24 AM
I've used these on almost every bike I've owned...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/lf1-s-pin-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/193/841/

$9.00

I use a similar one as I have LED  signals.
Before that I found that the vibrations killed the Novita one after a few months, even on a stock 350 with it mounted in the stock doohicky under the seat.

Kawtriplefreak

Put the NAPA flasher on my 75 RD today. Thanks for the tip.Works great. :patriot: :patriot:

pidjones

Most 3 pin flasher relays have pins arranged X  P  L for Power (from brown wire on the RD400c), Pilot (yellow/green we send to the cancel unit) and Load (brown/white). BUT! Yamaha RD400c is wired (and specs odd relay pinout for) X L P. I bought a standard electronic 3 pin flasher at my local auto parts store, discovered this little detail, and swapped my yellow/green and brown/white connectors in the flasher relay socket. Now, my signals flash at normal speed and I can change the bulbs to LED if desired. I run similar electronic 2 prong flashers from the same source (NAPA auto parts) on my two GL1000 GoldWings.