News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

HF Rear paddock stand?

Started by pdxjim, November 21, 2020, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

I'm looking for a rear paddock stand that'll work well with my LC.

The Motoboss one i've had for the past decade+ is too wide for the skinny RD/LC swingarm

Anyone use this cheapo stand from Harbor Freight?

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pidjones

I use one with spool adapters I bought off Amazon. Yes, that is a GL1000 GoldWing on it. I painted the hoop on the ground because folks were always tripping over it at shows. CYA, because they still trip on it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RDFL

pdxjim

LC is mono shock, so spool type stand won't work.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

No experience with that stand, but a couple others similar have not impressed me; swingarms tend to slide on 'em, undermining confidence. That said, it's a $36 experiment! Better take a tape measure to HF, as the Elsies swingarm isn't very wide.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

i have one. its ok. will work for sure.

pidjones

I use these spool adapters, but they only cost $16 when I bought them two years ago! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9MLP6K- I made the spools for the 'wing myself, just a couple chunks of aluminum that I had and high strength bolts through them replacing the lower shock bolts.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RDFL

Yeah, I got a pair (of clamps I posted) about a year ago for $10 or less. Stand should have came with the spool adapters odd the Harbor one doesn't.

retaRD

m in sc

speaking of sliding. on my hybrid i tapped in 2 m5 allen bolts in the bottom of the fz400 arm. use the flat adapters and it slides till it hits the stops. very stable.  just before the axle, so i can pull the wheel.  :twocents: