News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Guy builds a Kawasaki S2 350 4cyl

Started by Liability, November 29, 2020, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil Gallad

always fancied building an inline 4 cylinder gt500 out of 2 x gt250's [still do] i think i've mooted it on here a few times, but i haven't got the skills that millyard has got [nor a job in the aerospace industry] and the gt250 crankcases don't make it easy to cut and weld them. the kawasaki crankcases seem to have a lot more flats on them to make the job 'easier'. i think m in sc said the crank was the easy bit and he was right. i pressed 3 cranks [all in bits] to make the 4 cylinder crank, then looked at the crankcases, and that's as far as i've got  ;D
cheers, gil.
p.s. i didn't use all the bits out of the 3 cranks  :haw: and the only way i could get the crankcases anything like was to use 3 sets, with a lot of wastage. one day, one day.

AAAltered

There are certainly mad skills out there making specials.  I met Aniket at Mid Ohio around 10 years ago, he builds Enfield Musket V twins on a hand machined case.  Perhaps I should have sent my Bullet to him "after the flood" instead of sending it to the scrap yard along with my Griso...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special