News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Ready for Spring

Started by Halmic, January 27, 2021, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halmic

I enjoy working on RD's, but it's a luxury to have a push-button bike to ride as well.  I couldn't pass this 300 up, only 15.x hours on the clock.

m in sc

Czakky

I'm not mad at you at all!

suey1958

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

JB Weld

I want one of these so bad! I need to seriously research the best way to register in Wisconsin. I think I can purchase in MI and transfer registration  :umm:

Halmic

Halmic

Quote from: JB Weld on January 27, 2021, 08:53:41 PM
I want one of these so bad! I need to seriously research the best way to register in Wisconsin. I think I can purchase in MI and transfer registration  :umm:

I'm in MI, just across the border from WI.  MI is very lax (I had a street-legal YZ490!), but WI is very uptight.  I think you need to buy a bike that was plated in MI and you have a decent chance in WI, but do your homework.

pdxjim

Quote from: Halmic on January 27, 2021, 08:54:50 PM

Nice, I like the mags!

Haha ... thanks.  They are cheapo Warp9 forged wheels.  They were borrowed from a friend, and have since been returned and sold to another friend for his 2020 300XC.

I primarily use my 300 for woods/trail riding.  We've got fantastic trails out here.  I've also done a few Backcountry Discovery Route rides on it.  We basically throw a bunch of bikes in a Uhaul truck, and drive for a day, then ride home.  2017 we did OR, 2018 was WA, and 2019 was Idaho.  Usually about 10days and 1000miles.  All self-contained.  All camping, no hotels.

I just looked, and the topend has about 250hours and the bottom end has just over 400hours on the stock crank.

This is actually my second plated 300.  Before this one, I had a 2000 EXC with sumo wheels.  I killed that one doing a 6 hour endurance race at a local kart track.  Only made 3.5 hours at race pace before the crank bearings grenaded.  I also did a roadrace trackday on that one. Saw 107mph lap after lap down the front straight.  Haha ... they're tough machines.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Halmic

Jim, your experience gives me a little more confidence wit this on the road then!  I don't enjoy highway riding much anymore (between dodging deer and texting drivers), but do ride the 300 off road a good bit, and the RD's for short Lake cruises on backroads.