Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Back in the day....before motorcycles filled the garage

Started by busa1300, January 03, 2021, 12:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

i hear ya. i was out of it for a LONG time. Now, coupes and 2 doors are way too expensive for my tastes, and i don't care who it impresses or doesn't. hence the 4 doors, I own and they never get hacked early in life.

I only would up with fords because that's what i started with, and they just sort of came my way. My buddy tom was a mopar guy, other friend eric a GM guy. was an interesting neighborhood I grew up in, all the roads looked like landing strips. lol.

421 Catalinas are awesome. girl in HS had one, I wanted that car so bad i couldn't stand it. 

busa1300

Everyone of my uncles (7 on both sides of the family) did time in the military through the 50's and 60's.
One of them bought a brand new 63 Grand Prix when he got out and drove it for a few years....I was very small, but i loved the way that car looked even then. That's why I searched out the 63 GP I bought, but after totally repainting it and getting it ready for the road....I thought this car is just too damn big. And left it for my dad to finish up and use daily.

As much as I love cars from that time period, after my dad died, I kinda lost the desire to have them.
He was the only guy I could talk to about HP ratings and part numbers, and production numbers ......and....since my kids never showed interest, I just walked away and I'm 110% bikes now.

I still would buy a Dodge A100 5 window pickup if the right price went with the right condition truck.....but obviously after all these years....if it hasn't happened yet, it probably never will.

Living in the rust belt.....old cars never stood a chance here for long....
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

patastinky

These photos are amazing. Wow, i wish i grew up back in that era. Cars are amazing.
1975 RD350 (under construction)