This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

UFO for RD350AC carbs

Started by 2t Fan, January 23, 2021, 12:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2t Fan

Hello
I bought a pair of UFO from NCS, supposed to be for RD /Banshee . But when I checked it on the RD slide it's too loose. Did I get a wrong product ?

1976RD400C

Hmmm...  I think those are the only small ones they make. I would just center it the best you can and blend the edge of the back of the slide to it.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

2t Fan

Is it so, in that case if it's not a flush fit will it affect airwaves  :umm:

m in sc

well banshee carbs are 26mm.  :twocents:

2t Fan

So it's not meant for RD350 VM28 carbs ?

RDFL

This is from email by racerclam (member here) "UFOs to fit the 28s so I cut them down from the 32 size . They make for banshee 26s and 32mm and up. I cut them down to fit many different sizes. If you want do them I need the carbs also to make sure the cut outs in the bottom fit for the slide to go down for idle , not a problem" --- He works with these a lot also does dividers, can't find the link to his site now.

2t Fan

Thanks 😊 so what NCS sell for RD is not for AC RD.s . Will take up with them

RDFL

You would think they would have at least sent larger ones, so could be trimmed down.

m in sc

Rich knows what hes talking about. I never understood fitting ill fitting ufos to the carbs. thats why i got the aluminum ones from bobblesbits in the UK for the 34s (that i still havent reinstalled).

racerclam

Corrrect . I can do the UFO mods to make them fit

Rich

klaird

Quote from: m in sc on January 26, 2021, 02:40:55 PM
Rich knows what hes talking about. I never understood fitting ill fitting ufos to the carbs. thats why i got the aluminum ones from bobblesbits in the UK for the 34s (that i still havent reinstalled).

Does bobblebits make them for 28s?

m in sc

NOT SURE. HE CUSTOM MADE some for vm34s I asked him to do for me, hes more triple oriented. i actually sent him a full blueprint of the slide i needed it for (modeled in SW and then put into a drawing).

Im sure that helped move it along.