News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Shiny Stuff....

Started by AAAltered, February 14, 2021, 01:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

Had to do something with a leaky float needle in my VM28's.  Then I found mismatched needle jets.  I went all-in with new main jets, needles/needle jets, pilots,  float needles, top and bowl gaskets and high flow fuel filters (thanks Economy).

I took DesmoDrew up on a reasonable offer to vapor blast everything else.  Great results. 

Hopefully the weather will begin to change over the next few weeks and I'll be ready for the spring.

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

RDFL

Kawtriplefreak

DesmoDrew

Ed's carbs turned out very nice.  He had already done a great job stripping them down and cleaning them really well before he sent them to me.  The only caveat with RD carbs is that they are cast from two, if not three, different alloys.  The caps are one alloy, the bodies are another, and often the bowls are different as well.  The vapor hone does such a nice job of micro polishing the surface, that the differences are clear.  The process also accentuates the 'somewhat rough' factory castings of the bodies.
   They will look really good on his 'shiny' R5!

rodneya

Love the finish after Vapor blasting.
I wanted to get the cases blasted when I was building my 421 motor, but the quotes I got were $400 to $500 for just the cases.
You can buy a lot of parts for that money so I ended up soda blasting and wire brushing and then clear coat to keep it looking clean.

AAAltered

A 50 degree sunny day motivated me to get the rebuild done.  They came out great.

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Kawtriplefreak

Seizer