News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Oregon Lane Sharing bill SB574 needs your help NOW!

Started by pdxjim, March 01, 2021, 11:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Oregon Lane Sharing bill SB574 needs your help NOW!

We need your help to pass a lane sharing bill in Oregon.
SB574 has been scheduled for a hearing in the Joint Committee on Transportation Tuesday, March 2nd at 8:00am.

We need testimony for the Tuesday Committee Hearing and it is EASY!!!

1. Visit:  https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Testimony/JCT?meetingDate=2021-03-02-08-00

2. Follow the instructions

3. Write your testimony in the box. It can be as simple as "I am a motorcyclist. Please support SB574". If you write more, that is great. www.laneshareoregon.com is a resource.

4. Submit.

5. Tell 3 friends!!! Done.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

I tried, man! Website said "no measures available for testimony". Looks like testimonies have to be submitted at least 24 hours before the meeting.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Thanks for trying!

I just submitted another one on behalf of my wife!

... as of 7:33pm it still works for me  :help:
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pdxjim

Lane sharing now legal in Montana as of Tuesday!

That makes CA, UT, MT, and OR is next!

rodneya

Back in the 80's when I started riding, lane sharing was legal. You could drive between lanes of cars stopped at traffic lights or cruise between slow lanes of traffic on the highway. But there
would always be somebody that would watch you coming and swerve over of open their door. I just about ripped the door right off of a very rusty VW golf once.

pidjones

I saw the results of a pickup driver opening his door in front of a bike that was really clipping along between lanes. Rider lost his life. Pickup driver lost a leg.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

pdxjim

I grew up riding in CA.

That's just how you do it.  Front of the line at lights, never sit in traffic on the freeway.

Been really missing it the past 20 years here in OR.

85RZwade

I tried it in California during a trip to Laguna Seca. It was an "Oh yeah, you can do that here" moment, and although it felt really weird at first, it was an obvious advantage. And yes, I was afraid of the door-opening scenario. Hard to train humans, but sometimes it's worth the effort.
I post waayyy too much