Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

DIY: Homemade timing tool

Started by quocle603, May 05, 2019, 09:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul1478

I saw that Mark. 200 for what I hope is just verifying. I will try and use the one I ordered.
I will set it the piston at 1.9 MM before TDC, mark the rotor as noted above by Chuck, use a pointer attached to the case and verify with the light.

Also,
good news about the timing light. I saw mixed ideas on what can be uses, some said needs to be 2 stroke. maybe that is only for showing RMPs and that will not matter on this.

Paul
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

sav0r

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

Quote from: paul1478 on August 18, 2021, 01:16:43 PM
I saw that Mark. 200 for what I hope is just verifying. I will try and use the one I ordered.
I will set it the piston at 1.9 MM before TDC, mark the rotor as noted above by Chuck, use a pointer attached to the case and verify with the light.

Also,
good news about the timing light. I saw mixed ideas on what can be uses, some said needs to be 2 stroke. maybe that is only for showing RMPs and that will not matter on this.

Paul

regarding the light, yes, pretty much its rpm readout is the difference. its nice to be able to offset the degrees on it though, for use with a programmable curve.. or on a distorbutor with advance system (car).