News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

For those in USA near East Tennessee - "the Possum Motorcycle Gathering"

Started by pidjones, March 04, 2021, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

A member of our vintage MC club is putting this on. Already has interest all the way from New Mexico, and several vintage magazines.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

retaRD

I'll put the word out. 
This show is practically right down the road from me.
Who's putting it on?

The Red Scourge

'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

pidjones

Quote from: retaRD on March 05, 2021, 03:49:39 AM
I'll put the word out. 
This show is practically right down the road from me.
Who's putting it on?
Patrick Deason is doing it. The Time Warp Vintage Motorcycle Club is giving assistance, and I expect a good number of bikes and members to be there. Check with Patrick if interested in a swap meet or camping space - they are going fast.

pidjones

I've had requests for photos from the show. Easiest for me it to put them in my Amazon album and share the album. Hope it works.https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/7aUs3EgBTjGOS8YWYzlfmA.LSpiZ0PsYKQcuWt8PLIldc

Evans Ward

I enjoyed the pics!  :clap: Looked like a really good mix between vintage street bikes and MX/ Enduros. Saw some rare stuff!  :vroom:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

pidjones

Day 2 of the Gathering of Possums is in the books. For those that may wonder how the name came to be, there is a prestigious vintage motorcycle show in California with linen table cloths, wine and cheese, etc. for the elite collectors. It is called "the Quail". Well, ours was in a fair grounds with a moonshine distillery on the other side of the river that flows by. We had camping and a barbecue vendor for food. Tennessee is a bit less elite, but we had fun!

Day 2 photos are here: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/9rgcSCy9SAGnNpTuPN7Ztg.PsPbN9lZp-mh9MkPY73p5i