News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

How many times?

Started by gardenhosebusabottle, April 20, 2021, 01:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenhosebusabottle

I got into RD's when i was 17 (beautiful orange/black R5...120 mph w/ factory pipes...ah yeah).  That same year, my license got suspended.  I didn't get back into riding until the early 90's.

My question:  "How many times have you rebuilt your RDs/ 2 strokes over the years?

I figure this is why some went on to 4 strokes as there are virtually NO rebuilds.  Just disposable ricky racers.

Hardcore riders won't be able to count how many times...I figure I've rebuilt various bikes at least 30X.   Lots of blow ups and mistakes. 

what i call paying your dues...and you do w/ these bikes.  I remember one time with a way too lean needle jet....1/2 throttle and POP!
that was fun.  injector lines falling off carbs...TIMING...when you got it backwards.  Blown tranny seal burning nasty tranny oil...man.  The WRONG piston clearance....brand new wossner's....15 miles and squeeze....*uck me freddy. 

Ain't we got fun.

My jet box is called the holy grail...lots of mains from 120 to 450?   pilots from stock to 60, various needle jets.

85RZwade

'85 RZ350, 37K miles rebuilt from the crank up once. Currently on 1st over Wisecos.  :vroom:
I post waayyy too much

Greaser Greg

Twice. Two bikes both purchased within the last 3 years. No more than 100 miles, combined.  I'm late to the show. :dawg:  Already squeezed a piston and spun a crank nut!
My "trophy" shelf has a nice variety of rewards from the learning curve. :spider-1:
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

Striker1423

I burned mine up on the freeway. She ripped until she didn't.

Now I'm going nuts on everything. Picks and a post to come.