Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ and RD Deals Gap prep

Started by Kawtriplefreak, April 09, 2021, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

Pipes ready for repaint on the RD. Hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. Rear wheel off of RZ for tire change.

Kawtriplefreak

A productive afternoon of pipe painting and scrubbing on the RD.

2 Smoker

Kawtriplefreak

2 Smoker

what brand rear set are on the RD.

Kawtriplefreak

Vintage Smoke. They work great. He did a 1st class job on them.

Kawtriplefreak

RD done except for final test ride/paint cure. RZ wheel headed to Guard Hill Cycle for a new Road Rider, tube and balance.

85RZwade

Why do you run a tube in the RZ wheel, Tim?
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on April 10, 2021, 05:33:27 PM

A productive afternoon of pipe painting and scrubbing on the RD.

Interesting barn roof you have there.

m in sc

Quote from: rodneya on April 15, 2021, 01:01:05 PM

Interesting barn roof you have there.

when i saw it in real life it really threw me for a loop.  :dawg:

Kawtriplefreak

Daddy bought a couple of school buses to haul big round bales of hay. When they built the corn crib he used the top of one of them for the roof...

85RZwade

And that, friends and neighbors, is ingenuity.
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

Sorry didn't see the question earlier. I can't get either one of the wheels to quit leaking at the valve stem to save me. Neither could the local Yamaha dealer. They put new stems in twice once for free.  So I have been running tubes in them.

Dvsrd

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on April 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM
Sorry didn't see the question earlier. I can't get either one of the wheels to quit leaking at the valve stem to save me. Neither could the local Yamaha dealer. They put new stems in twice once for free.  So I have been running tubes in them.
What if you lightly spot faced the surface around the valve, on the outside (tyre side) of the rim?

pidjones

There is a stem that GoldWing riders have relied on for years, called a "Patchboy" stem. All metal with rubber seals both inside and out. Available in different lengths, sizes, angles, even tees. GL1800 riders switched to them because the Honda original rubber-mounted stems were a major cause of rapid air loss.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"