Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

A 72' H2 750 restomod on Ebay

Started by RDryan, May 22, 2019, 06:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDryan

Hi all, just wondering if any of you have seen this listing? Thoughts on it? Is it worth it? Will it handle amazing with modern suspension and brakes?
ps: 
//www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Kawasaki-Other/223521814726?hash=item340af038c6:g:5qAAAOSwq3Rc32Hr

m in sc

worth is dependent on what a buyer will pay.. that being said, modded bikes rarely sell for more than a stock survivor or proper restoration.

I have had a few h2's and an bunch of h1s, one had a seriously modded suspension. yes, they can handle very well. modern sportbike well? no. sorry. close, but no cigar.

but, also, even well sorted stock bikes with modern tires and bronze swingarm bushings, etc, will handle surprisingly well.  lets keep in mind, the tire technology and materials used for swingarm bushings, etc, back then were stone age.

it is beautiful build though, very very nice, one of the better ones i've seen. He'll probably get the $   :twocents:

Jspooner

I would guess he'll get close to his asking as well. I'm sure the handling is probably better than any other bike like it, but I'm guessing it will be no comparison to just about any modern sport bike, and by modern I mean in the last 15 years. I would compare it to the "naked" type sport bikes that we see so many of these days.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Organicjedi

That's a nice H2. The best handling H2s are the ones where they transplant the engine into a modern aluminum sport bike frame.

But then is it still an H2?

pdxjim

You can by my 1977 KH400 for a fraction of the price.

It handles great, even on stock suspension
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A