Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

75 Suzuki GT 550 WTF? bike

Started by IR8D8R, May 28, 2019, 10:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

I'm not even going to comment on this one.

$1900. Near Asheville, NC.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/asheville-1975-gt550-2-stroke-franken/6880256087.html

Not my bike etc.

IR8D8R

~JM~

"Gets looks everywhere it goes."

I don't doubt that for a minute.  :eek:  Ee-Gads!!!

Evans Ward

Wow! He's fishing with NO bait.  :umm:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Organicjedi

I've seen worse. Biggest complaint is no tach.

Then there's that seat... [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Jspooner

"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

thats pretty horrid. saveable, but ffs.  :bang: :whatever:

RDryan

Ha,ha. You gotta luv it. I've always been amused by the term rat rod and how it can make a neglected bike seem appropriate. Well at least they went  the extra mile with seat/ butt end of the bike deleting and altering for that ratty fastback style.

Tuck

Maybe it's an old prop bike from Mad Max.

m in sc

IMHO, rat rods bikes/cars are for those that are just TOO far gone to restore, or just not worth the effort. example, a buddy of mine JUST NOW bought a 53 ford 4 door.  plan is to stuff his built 440 in it out of his now gone 68 imperial. and its a nasty one. cars roached, def not worth restoring. but this will be good.  that 550 is pretty solid base. dudes just lazy. on the project. his choice, but its worth about.. 1000 bucks maybe if it runs well in that condition with paperwork. there's a lot to reverse to bring back to life.  And, GT550s are slow and heavy. great bikes, but not an h1 or an rd.

:twocents: :tellit:

Hawaii-Mike

That's a good illustration about why I don't like to sell my bikes, even if I don't ride them.  Somebody will want to go muck it up.

At the moment I have a '78 KZ1000 for sale.  Haven't ridden it in 6 years and selling because I am pretty much hanging onto 2-strokes only.

Anyways, nearly every person lowballs and I doubt they know what they are looking at.  To them, I think it's just a cheap bike to turn into a cafe racer or bobber.  I'm almost ready to take it of CL and keep it for a few more years.  Maybe I'll complete the project.