Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Oil injector pin

Started by Czakky, May 03, 2020, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Czakky

I had a sweet low speed seize last week. :bang: I finally got the resolve to look into it. It turns out the tiny tension pin that holds the adjustment plate popped out. I happened to have a new one from a steering stabilizer kit kicking around and popped it in with a tiny drop of loctite retaining compound. Every thing moves correct and I can't pull it out with a little effort.

Kind of a bummer, but such is life.

You guys have any tricks to holding these things in place?

BTW I did a quick compression test and looks like I didn't lose much. So I'm running it.

Striker1423

The oil pump pin fell out? The RD250B has a small bent over bracket that folds over the pin so even if it comes loose,  you will not lose it. I bet you could find one on Ebay? It's not on the part sheet that I see

m in sc

yup. the later pumps had them . 250 and 350. you can make one as well. 90 degree bend and a hole to have the shatt with the nut pass through.

Czakky

:clap: that's why I asked! Thanks guys.

m in sc

Jspooner

I probably have one I can send you Bill.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Czakky

Joe to the rescue! I'll send you a text tomorrow. Thanks!

Arrow

The bracket does not prevent the roll pin from becoming loose. It might stop it falling out completely. For maximum security I fit the roll pin with the tapered end, but it ends up full diameter all the way through the hole/top casting with no tapered end, works well. Yamaha never did this, and later fitted a screw, which was more successful. Most success was achieved with the later top casting, with its steel insert (at great expense) on the end.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk