Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Help on these RZ350 parts!

Started by skyline, December 27, 2023, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyline

Howdy guys!

I recently got a basket case that I'm putting together and came across few parts that I have tried hard to reference them from parts diagram but no success. so here it is if someone knowledge can pitch in ...

1. Couple of asymmetrical metal mounts with HIGH and LOW written on each. Where do these go? Or are they even from it?

2. Right side switch seems to be a placeholder for a self-starter which of course never came for the RZ,  so is there a plug that goes in there?

Kawtriplefreak

m in sc

my guess would have been a headlight on/off switch but as time said, a plug. No idea on the labeled brackets.

Evans Ward

The brackets might be a mount for a steering damper. Measure the round hole on each and see if it is the correct RZ fork size.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

85RZwade

yes, a plug goes in the switch housing, and those pretty brackets are not OEM RZ
I post waayyy too much

skyline

Thanks guys, this is really helpful. Appreciate all the inputs. :metal:

skyline

Thanks guys, this is really helpful. Appreciate all the inputs. :metal:

Any idea where I can get that plug (part# does seem to exist). It's a stupid little thing but bugs me :umm:

85RZwade

:rolleyes: you'll probably have to buy a switch assembly from a four-stroke of the same time, like a Radian, Fazer, or perhaps an FZ
I post waayyy too much

motodreams

I've not ever seen a plug that fits in there from factory.  Headlight high low and below it would be for a bike with a starter.  What happens when you use same parts across many models.  FZ750 as well potentially.  Rest are correct those are not OEM RZ pieces for the brackets

dgorms

My 86 SRX 600 has the same switch, with blank. Look at FZ 600 stuff.  :twocents:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

1976RD400C

My '84, that I think is all original, has some sort of blank out plug in there.

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Evans Ward

^ that's a smokin' deal there as the shipping alone will be $5-7!  :thumbs:  Better jump on it to get that elusive blanking plug!  :olaf:  :patriot:  :vroom:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

skyline

I'll grab it. That in my mind alone should add extra 15 hp  :olaf:

Thank you guys!  :patriot: