Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ350 Transmission Dimension Specs Needed

Started by motodreams, February 18, 2024, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motodreams

Hi All, I know this is more typically AC focused but looking for some RZ350 specific data regarding transmissions.  Questions up front and some more background down below:

What is the clutch hub transmission output shaft thread size?  This would be the shaft the clutch outer hub is bolted directly to with the bit nut with a locker tab on it.  Is it 18mm or 20mm?

What is the total length of the 2 transmission shafts?  Looking at roughly 10mm difference so need fairly accurate specs if possible.  Even total length of banshee shafts would be helpful as they should be same as RZ?

Trying to sort out what the heck this transmission I was told was RZ350 really is.  I went to assemble a motor with what I was told was a complete parts package but i'm suspicious the transmission included is not RZ.  Its close but I don't think its correct.  Potentially from a LC?  I noticed when installing the front sprocket drive side large bearing was pressed on the shaft the wrong way compared to the RZ cases.  Can't imagine someone would make that mistake.  After comparing to some other parts that already have homes I realized the hub nut size is different, the cut outs on the shaft ends look different and the total length of the 2 shafts is different.

Given how interchangeable banshee parts are I can't imagine the banshee and RZ350 clutch nut ID would have been different but that's just a guess...

Any help would be much appreciated.

rodneya

If I remember right the RZ/Banshee inner clutch basket nut is 20mm and the RD400 / LC is 18mm.
I have moved around everything in my garage so that I could fit a boat in there as well and Im not sure where my spare RZ trans is at the moment, but Ill take a look for it tomorrow.

motodreams

That would be much appreciated!  It would be entirely possible if my spare was a LC trans and would make some more sense why it doesn't all look quite right.

Would the dog gears be interchangeable?  This RZ trans that came in the bike has one of the moveable dog gear s with some major chips and my * potentially* LC trans has good dogs.

Very odd someone mounted the drive sprocket main bearing backwards.  That likely has to be pressed off?

rodneya

Shaft with the sprocket 207mm
shaft that goes through the clutch 221mm
Clutch basket nut is 20mm

motodreams

A gigantic thank you for the help! 

So it looks like iv'e got a RZ transmission with an incorrectly pressed on bearing by the front sprocket and a broken dog gear then a good RDLC transmission.

Anyone know if the dog gear from the LC transmission can be used on the RZ transmission?

Thanks!
Evan