Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Head stock Lock removal

Started by soonerbillz, January 27, 2022, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

my point is powder coating ovens shouldn't really ever get over 600 degrees (usually less). that's way, WAY under what brass, aluminum and zinc go liquid at.  Striker, did they powedrcoat yours with the oven in self cleaning mode? lol.   :boom:

Striker1423

Quote from: m in sc on January 28, 2022, 02:09:23 PM
my point is powder coating ovens shouldn't really ever get over 600 degrees (usually less). that's way, WAY under what brass, aluminum and zinc go liquid at.  Striker, did they powedrcoat yours with the oven in self cleaning mode? lol.   :boom:

No idea, its just all stuffed full of crap. The little door wouldn't open, so I razor knifed around it and it still wouldn't budge. Finally got it open and well. Here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/aJBRAjZ

1976RD400C

Quote from: Striker1423 on January 29, 2022, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: m in sc on January 28, 2022, 02:09:23 PM

No idea, its just all stuffed full of crap. The little door wouldn't open, so I razor knifed around it and it still wouldn't budge. Finally got it open and well. Here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/aJBRAjZ

Maybe they ruined that lock when they were cleaning it, putting it in a caustic tank or something like that?????
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

as a side note, worked on matts bike today, rd400. the rubber drive bushings on the rear wheel survived the powedercoater and oven.. so the tank chemicals make sense as a reason the lock melted.  :twocents:

Striker1423

Ohhh maybe. Would also make sense as to why it was rusting a bit too.