Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

power jet placement on tm 34 mik

Started by motulman, February 16, 2021, 02:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motulman

gonna add some power jets to my scooter but my mikuni's dont have a place for powerjets and i thought they did, so id like to know what some of you have done  thanks,  god bless

bitzz

Place? Do you mean flat spot?

I milled a flat and drilled.

m in sc

top of bellmouth back enough where oyu can get filter on, or notch filter neck to clear it. mill (if you can) and drill. placement has a lot to do with where you want it to kick in. usually its at the wot position(top), but ive seen them down half way, at a 45 degree angle down (3/4) etc.

motulman

yes i thought there was a place for them that just needed to be drilled out, but there isnt. i have been told that it doesnt matter where you put it or at what angle or anything but i had counted on there being a place for them....but there isnt, lookin for ideas that arent a hack job

m in sc

tm? going to have to get creative

general info: a lot of the older carbs had a boss up top.. thats a holdover from way back as an internal bowl vent.

if you look at these small body vm34s you'll see that boss up top.

whereas the tms do not. this is where i would machine a bushing and set it in.

wheres on a VM28 (1a1) carb, same issue. id mill a small flat at the rib between the bellmouth and slide body, put it there. 350 carb basically the same.

i mean, me, id lathe up an insert, thread it in, put the power jet in that. Or if theres enough meat depending on carb, mill a flat to drill and tap. Not all have a place for them. most pwks do though.

position definitely matters as to when it is effective, as does nozzle length.

motulman

yea not sure where ill go with this, pisses me off tho

racerclam

I drill and tap along with building a epoey pad for stability and a flat surface and run the discharge nozzle through the venturi divider plate s .  Why use power jets though when you can have a intela jet systemand be able to tune both carbs with one controller plus the intelajet discharges atomized fuel rather than raw fuel?

Rich

racerclam

ok here is the back side pic