Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

Quote from: pdxjim on August 19, 2019, 12:11:07 AM
Put this up on eBay so I can pay Chuck for my LC head and cylinders:

Wow that went for a lot of coin!  :clap:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pdxjim

Quote from: SoCal250 on August 28, 2019, 12:46:25 AM
Quote from: pdxjim on August 19, 2019, 12:11:07 AM
Put this up on eBay so I can pay Chuck for my LC head and cylinders:

Wow that went for a lot of coin!  :clap:

Yeah!!!

That's about 6x what it cost back in 1986.

I've got a few more old school skateboards and snowboards to go .  Maybe I can afford to finish this LC after all 🎉🎉🎉
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pdxjim

Trying to get motivated to get back to my LC build.  After what feels like an eternity, it sounds like Chuck may be almost done working his magic, and ready to send my LC cylinders and head back.

To celebrate, I pressured washed the LC chassis, then dried it off with a 2T leaf blower 👍

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Organicjedi

My buddy wanted to race his Banshee against my 400 for his YouTube channel. I'm sure you all can guess who won.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Jspooner

That is one good looking 400.   :metal :righteous:
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Organicjedi

Quote from: Jspooner on August 30, 2019, 09:34:16 PM
That is one good looking 400.   :metal :righteous:

You had a big part of this build. You make some cool stuff. Your 350 is awesome but nothing tops that TZ.  :drool:

Organicjedi

Quote from: Organicjedi on August 30, 2019, 09:22:16 PM
My buddy wanted to race his Banshee against my 400 for his YouTube channel. I'm sure you all can guess who won.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I should also say that my dad rode the 400 for the first time today since the restomod. He was the original owner of the bike and was blown away by how well it rides now. He said and I quote "it got to 70 so fast and I was only in 3rd gear. But the bike feels solid." He then commented on how light the front end felt when accelerating and how well it handled. BTW- this is with Chuck's stage 1 setup with stock Dave F modded carbs. :celebrate:

pushin9s

Not today, but yesterday.  Trailered my RD400 and Honda 350F up to Ohio to ride with my brother on his Offbrand CB350.  For quite a while now my RD would not idle with the headlight on and not keep the battery charged and I simply figured it was time for brushes and a perhaps a new voltage regulator.  While on the ride I let my nephew ride the RD so I could give it a good look over from the sides and rear.  Soon, every time he would hit the brake the engine would sputter. Then the bike started not running at all with the headlight and tail light on.  So I had him turn everything off and we headed back to the barn.  But then when he would turn either blinker on the bike would die.  So we had him go all electrics off and he made it back to my brother's house. 

We suspected a bad ground so I popped the headlight off and started wiggling wires.  Once in a while I could get the neutral and oil light to illuminate but it was very sporadic.  I shook and cleaned every connection in the headlight bucket but could not keep the dash lights on steady.  My brother started pinching the wire harness at the bucket and worked his way back.  Down under the tank, about even with the spark plug he was able to start making the dash lights come on steady.  He took an X-acto knife and cut the sheathing around the wire harness and there he found the red power supply wire with a tiny bit of old electric tape on it.  He carefully pulled the tape off and there the wire was corroded in two.  The sheath had a lot of water in it that had been in there for a while as it was all rusty colored.  The red wire had not been spliced but just a nick in the insulation.  It appears that at some point during the production line the wire was nicked and taped over.  After all these years it finally corroded through and the wire burned in two pieces.

My brother carefully stripped the wire as there wasn't enough slack to waste any, and put a water proof butt splice on, then heat shrinked that, then with self sealing vinyl tape did a very professional job of sealing the wire harness back up.  As an added bonus, he took some wire he had and stripped the insulation off that and put it in the harness sheath as a drain in case water ever got in there again.  During the long ride that followed, I had full use of the headlight and tail light, all blinkers worked as advertised and my brother said the headlight was brighter than he'd ever seen it.  As a bonus, when we returned, the battery was fully charged and showing 13 volts after I shut it off.  It runs crisper, starts much better and it will beat the dickens out of those 2 off brand CB350s 8-)

Czakky

Nice to find a concrete answer to a nagging issue.

pdxjim

New rear brake pads for my 300.

Stared at my LC for a bit.  Gonna pull the forks and drop some stuff off at the vapor blasters.

pdxjim

Alain2

Test fitting seat, fuel tank and exhaust on a 1979 frame.
1973 RD350, 1977 RD400, 1979 RD400, 1980 RD400, 1985 MJ50, Goped Zenoah 30cc.

Czakky

Weather has sucked around here lately, so I was finally able to go for a 2t rip. I dare somebody to not be in a better mood after flogging the hell out of an old smoker. She's making some weird noises and I'm running it a little richer, but it's still doing it's thing. :vroom:

pdxjim

Reassembling the forks after full strip, V blast, seals etc.

No $$$ for new springs, may add a bit of preload to compensate ...

Organicjedi

Made some smoke and braved the cold with the guy you all know as Mr. Monkey Claw. Then my buddy with his XS showed up.