Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

New Toy RD400/Banshee 428 @ 86rwhp

Started by Halmic, December 25, 2019, 10:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halmic

This is a video the previous owner had posted.  I'm not crazy about the tracker styling I don't think but it looks to make plenty of power (PO had it dyno'd at 86rwhp). 

m in sc

suey1958

Yes Sir. Very Nice, Looks and sounds Great  8)

Kawtriplefreak

rodneya

Looks good.
What gearing are you running?

85RZwade

I like that! Does it have banshee or RZ cogs and, if banshee, how do the ratios feel on the street?
Wade
I post waayyy too much

Halmic

Quote from: 85RZwade on December 27, 2019, 09:13:19 AM
I like that! Does it have banshee or RZ cogs and, if banshee, how do the ratios feel on the street?
Wade

It's running an RZ tranny, apparently the banshee tranny isn't so good on the street from what the PO said.

Hardy

This post is worthless without pictures!!

When you get a chance! :clap:

Organicjedi

teazer

It's interesting to see that EGT runs about 200 degrees higher at part throttle compared to more throttle.  Those numbers are fine, but it's a good indication of how most bikes are jetted - lean on the needle/needle jet and fine on the main.

And that's why most modified street two strokes melt while cruising and not when flat out.   

Halmic

Quote from: teazer on January 03, 2020, 07:58:29 PM
It's interesting to see that EGT runs about 200 degrees higher at part throttle compared to more throttle.  Those numbers are fine, but it's a good indication of how most bikes are jetted - lean on the needle/needle jet and fine on the main.

And that's why most modified street two strokes melt while cruising and not when flat out.

Teazer, are you suggesting that I should change something on the jetting in the middle, or saying that it seems ok?  PO stated that as a rule of thumb 1100 degrees was pushing it, and at 1200 to shut down immediately, sound correct?

motosapien

so you're saying that bike makes more power than the latest model TZ250?  :whatever:
Some Gammas, RZ350 and Hybrid Ape that Ed T is building since 2018

m in sc

i can believe it, no doubt. tonys made 75 rwhp, and guys in the uk get 80-100 pretty regular.  :toot: :vroom:

teazer

The temps are not excessive which suggests that it is slightly rich and/or slightly retarded, but at part throttle it runs much hotter, so you probably need it to richer in the mid range and leaner at the top.

For now you are safe, but worth strapping it to a dyno to fine tune it.

motulman

out of all the dirt tracker attempts ive seen this one is the best, this one is well thought out and not anything like the others. and appears to run very well i enjoyed the temps, would have liked to see a max run to see what those temps got to. very nice bike  its so nice the kenny roberts dirt tracker colors would look very well on this bike and really pop