Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

rdlc and aircooled sleeve nuts plus project

Started by Gil Gallad, February 23, 2022, 08:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil Gallad

just asking, but is there any difference between the sleeve nuts o.d. on the 250 lc and the air cooled model? the air cooled set i have at the mo are near as dammit 12mm o.d. and fitted in the lc head don't seem to be that loose to me, so i'm guessing the proper lc sleeve nuts are the same o.d. as the air cooled ones. just trying to tick boxes off. many thanks for any replies  :Clown:
cheers, gil.
p.s. the holes in the barrels are far bigger for some reason.

m in sc

ive used ac ones in an lc topend no issues.  :twocents:

85RZwade

I have 350LC and aircooled 350 examples I can measure when I get home
I post waayyy too much

Gil Gallad

thanks mark, that's what i'm doing, but just to be 100% i'd appreciate wade's measurements please  :Clown:
cheers, gil.

85RZwade

Ask and ye shall receive, Gil: '75 U.S. model air-cooled RD350 head bolts measured 11.7mm shank diameter and 60mm long (the shank, not including the flanged head) and '82 Canadian model RD350LC bolts measured 11.7 mm diameter and 74.5 mm long
I post waayyy too much

Gil Gallad

many thanks. mind now completely at rest  :Clown:
cheets, gil.

Gil Gallad

well, i'm still at it, it's just dragging on sooooooooooooo long. the rd250lc top end grafted onto a gt250 ramair bottom end. sorry, i couldn't find my original thread, so i tacked the photo's on this thread being as it's part of the same project. excuse the state of the bike/engine, but this is just the first fix. heads now coming back off to machine the faces perfectly flat. once that's done it's see if the engine fires. if it does, then that's good enough for me and i'll strip the lot, powdercoating, new crank, rebore, the whole shebang. i've never had a project take this long  :sad:
cheers, gil.

finished welding:

heads fitted, ready for plumbing:

plumbed up and ready for another stripdown: