Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Hi top carbs to lo top

Started by RDDave, April 25, 2024, 08:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDDave

I have 2 sets of carbs; one set are lo tops but the ones on the bike are hi tops. Is it as simple as swapping the slides and caps along with the angled adjusters? There is a lot of tuning in my future so I would like the convenience of the lo tops. I did notice that the hi tops angled adjusters are retained by clips while the lo top's adjusters appear to screw into the caps. Stock RD350B. Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge.  :thumbs:

Kawtriplefreak

If memory serves the cables that go from the splitter to the carb tops are different lengths. I am sure someone will correct me if that memory is flawed.

m in sc

trying to avoid the 2 screws to pull the needle? i mean, how many times you planning on pulling the needle? tims right, cables are different. to speed thing sup, while tuning, just run 1 screw till its dialed in, then when it sonde, put the 2nd screw in.  I do this w fuel bowls as well. 2 screws to tune, 4 for running.

85RZwade

Quote from: m in sc on April 25, 2024, 10:30:46 AMtrying to avoid the 2 screws to pull the needle? i mean, how many times you planning on pulling the needle? tims right, cables are different. to speed thing sup, while tuning, just run 1 screw till its dialed in, then when it sonde, put the 2nd screw in.  I do this w fuel bowls as well. 2 screws to tune, 4 for running.

This is the kind of thinking that I need to incorporate into myself. I was today years old...
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

.. i just need to go back to typing class.  :dawg: