Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

White RZ blow up #2

Started by Kawtriplefreak, Today at 02:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

The left cylinder seized on the last day at Deals Gap. Locked up tight. No one fell down and the LH plug is covered in molten aluminum. Two RZ motors to go through now. No time to work on them at present. Normal life intrudes. Both will get new Vitos cranks and new bore jobs, new pistons and seal kits as a minimum. Hopefully the cylinders are useable. The goal is to have both ready by next May for DG 2025. I suspect another failed crank seal. M in SC concurs. I had already ridden 100 plus hard miles that day before the seizure and it was running great just like they always do before they blow up. This bike was resurrected by M in SC and yours truly in 2015 after an extended period of storage and the majority of the majority of those 8 years have not been easy miles.

m in sc

85RZwade

You're going to spend the $$ anyway
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

there were 421 conversations, i advised against it due to street riding.. but then again, not my bike. Not sure how the 392 kits work on road manners though, i  would imagine light switch vs an rz motor w power valves.

rodneya

Quote from: m in sc on Today at 04:10:09 PMthere were 421 conversations, i advised against it due to street riding.. but then again, not my bike. Not sure how the 392 kits work on road manners though, i  would imagine light switch vs an rz motor w power valves.

Personally I would not buy anything from Vitos.
Driveline in Michigan has a good reputation. I have their 421 in my 73 RD and with stock porting is not a crazy light switch power wise. 421 needs bigger carbs and specific pipes to make power. The 393 stock crank kit will still work ok with RZ pipes and stock carbs

https://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-392cc-big-bore-assassin-cylinder-kit/

https://drivelineperformance.com/banshee-54-stock-stroke-crankshaft-8-ball/

rodneya

m in sc

my vito's crank checked out to .0002", i was pretty happy with that TBH. ;) especially since RIGHT ON THAT PAGE: "Please check our dealers if we are out of stock: Vito's Performance and West Coast Atv."  :dawg: I'd bet dollars to donuts they all roll out of the same factory . and 100% for sure thats the same crank vitos sells.

maybe 10 years ago id be leery.. but i've also heard bad things about the reproduction acrd cyls.. know 3 bikes 1st hand running them, zero issues.