News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Turning Wrenches / Pro-X piston ring question
Last post by rdsarefun - Today at 11:24:56 AM
So I am finally getting around to replacing my Top end with my Pro-X pistons and modified cylinders from Bill Bune (that I had received late last year). This is for my 75 RD350.  I has 2 rings and a oil expander (assuming this is what the corrugated ring is- does not look like the one in the instructions, stating for 4 stroke only, attempting to upload a pic but phone is tempermental today)).  I did not receive any instructions and found a generic set online. It was very difficult to see the ring profile edge (to determine what was top and what was second ring) so I measured these with a set of calipers and measured the ring lands within the pistons with a feeler gauge and found that the top is thicker (.059") and the 2nd ring is thinner (.046"), each marked with a "T" so I can install correctly.  My question is that I do not see where the expender is used, assuming it goes behind the top ring due to width being .056" thickness.  can anyone confirm this is where the oil expander goes, behind the top ring? 
General Chatter / Re: RIP Frame Maker
Last post by Kawtriplefreak - Today at 11:13:03 AM
Damn that is so sad. We grieve with you.
Last post by Evans Ward - Today at 10:26:48 AM
This is terrible news and I am saddened.
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 09:08:20 AM
RIP Mr. Farnam. You have my deepest respect and admiration.
Last post by m in sc - Today at 08:34:19 AM
oh no. man that is sad news indeed
General Chatter / RIP Frame Maker
Last post by kpke - Today at 08:28:00 AM
It is with deep sorrow and sadness I must inform you that my great friend Julian Farnam, a.k.a., Frame Maker, passed away very unexpectedly from a dirt bike accident last Thursday, May 16, 2024. He was a great human being and touched the motorcycles and lives of many people. A racer, unbelievable genius fabricator, and creator of some of the most exotic and special one-off motorcycles you have ever seen.

Thank you for honoring me with your friendship.

RIP Julian

Damn, too far from the West coast.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Wiring Question
Last post by Joe6v6 - May 17, 2024, 06:55:42 PM
Quotevolt meter @ battery terminals. shouldn't really go over 14v , and should see over 12.5-13.00 at 1500-2000 rpm.

Thanks for the info, Even though this bike will have almost the bare minimum of wiring its still quite a challenge. Especially to make it look nice.   .   
Show Off / Re: Gap pics ,, killboy, from ...
Last post by Kawtriplefreak - May 17, 2024, 04:58:55 PM
 :metal:  :metal:
Show Off / Gap pics ,, killboy, from last...
Last post by m in sc - May 17, 2024, 03:36:03 PM
me on the lc, the kz and david behind me on his new H2.