Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

How to Dampen the noise level for DG chambers

Started by Pravin, October 23, 2021, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Type of intake will affect the noise level as well. Pods make your bike a lot louder than an air box, or even a y boot.
I thought the DG pipes on my bike were quiet. They are made out of pretty thick steel which helps eliminate the ting ting sound a lot

Pravin

Quote from: 85RZwade on October 23, 2021, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: Pravin on October 23, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
Quote from: m in sc on October 23, 2021, 07:28:19 AM
keep the baffles  packet correctly,  and add some turndown tips at end . will help *some* take some of the bite out of the tone

Hi SC ,
Whats turned down tips ? YES Baffels are not fully sealed over the exhaust port amd gona seal it some how ..

Like those!

I recollect some one opened up the rear can n added glass wool or something..

Pravin

I got this :) will look ugly thogh without canisters if I just put the turn downs right

Pravin

Quote from: rodneya on October 25, 2021, 02:17:45 PM
Type of intake will affect the noise level as well. Pods make your bike a lot louder than an air box, or even a y boot.
I thought the DG pipes on my bike were quiet. They are made out of pretty thick steel which helps eliminate the ting ting sound a lot

I have to I guess first seal the exhaust flanges nicely so there is no trang frang smoke coming out and adding the noise

Then I will try the turn downs ..how about opening the end caps and adding some glass wool wraps ?

m in sc

The baffles should absolutely be packed with muffler packing. if they aren't already, do that 1st. Might be all you need if they aren't.

IR8D8R

The chambers on that TDR look so otherworldly organic. I'm almost disturbed by them. Very sci fi look...

IR8D8R

85RZwade

I've been to Jim's place, and those pipes are really cool in person. The TDR is just a really neat bike altogether.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Quote from: IR8D8R on October 28, 2021, 11:51:56 AM
The chambers on that TDR look so otherworldly organic. I'm almost disturbed by them. Very sci fi look...

IR8D8R

Martin has gotten really good at hydroforming over the years.

I believe he uses a pressure washer to pressurize the pipes with water at over 2000psi.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A