Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

How to Dampen the noise level for DG chambers

Started by Pravin, October 23, 2021, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pravin

Hi all ,

I have gone through the thread in older forum but am not able to find it here ..

Does anybody have the information on how I can dampen the loudness ?

Regards,
Pravin

m in sc

keep the baffles  packet correctly,  and add some turndown tips at end . will help *some* take some of the bite out of the tone

sav0r

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Pravin

Quote from: m in sc on October 23, 2021, 07:28:19 AM
keep the baffles  packet correctly,  and add some turndown tips at end . will help *some* take some of the bite out of the tone

Hi SC ,
Whats turned down tips ? YES Baffels are not fully sealed over the exhaust port amd gona seal it some how ..

I recollect some one opened up the rear can n added glass wool or something..

Pravin

85RZwade

Quote from: Pravin on October 23, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
Quote from: m in sc on October 23, 2021, 07:28:19 AM

Hi SC ,
Whats turned down tips ? YES Baffels are not fully sealed over the exhaust port amd gona seal it some how ..

Like those!

I recollect some one opened up the rear can n added glass wool or something..

Pravin
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

rd400canuck

Not sure if it works but I remember reading a post someplace where the guy took a strip of sheet metal... the length of the inside of the silencer and at a width of the diameter of the perf core... gave in 1 twist so it was long cork screw, put it in and tack welded it in place. Apparently the exhaust pulses deflect off it and ere directed more into the packing without really restriction flow.

Pravin

Quote from: m in sc on October 23, 2021, 04:04:55 PM
yup. slight turndowns cut it some. as above.

Without cutting the sections open there is no other way ?  :umm:

The turn down I can understand is add a slim pipe section instead of the cylindrical last section and then add canister at the end right ?

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

Quote from: rd400canuck on October 23, 2021, 04:24:40 PM
Not sure if it works but I remember reading a post someplace where the guy took a strip of sheet metal... the length of the inside of the silencer and at a width of the diameter of the perf core... gave in 1 twist so it was long cork screw, put it in and tack welded it in place. Apparently the exhaust pulses deflect off it and ere directed more into the packing without really restriction flow.

I tried that at one point. doesn't do shit.

rd400canuck

Quote from: m in sc on October 24, 2021, 08:10:11 AM
Quote from: rd400canuck on October 23, 2021, 04:24:40 PM

I tried that at one point. doesn't do shit.

lol I thought it was too good to be true

pdxjim

Turn down tips don't really do much either.

The TYGA shorty cans on my Garrett pipes have turn down tips and they are LOUD AF!

Strangely, the TYGA Classic cans on my TDR Martin77 pipes are just two inches longer, but WAAAY quieter.

What's up with that?

Actuall, after a second look, the tips really dont turn down much.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

Striker1423

Whoever said size doesn't matter was lying! Ba Dum Tissss...

But look at suppressors on firearms. They work in a similar fashion. Short ones just don't have the volume to absorb and dampen loud noises like longer ones.

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"