Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1984 RZ350 Track bike 10k? Lol

Started by Striker1423, July 25, 2019, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcd/d/howell-1984-yamaha-rd350-sku84u4014/6939967149.html

Really not too far from me. But this is a bike that has been well... EFF'd with. Ugly as sin and so far from stock it hurts.

motodreams

Always great business saying the owner of a dealership is hurting for money too.

SUPERTUNE

Quote from: Striker1423 on July 25, 2019, 04:49:51 PM
https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcd/d/howell-1984-yamaha-rd350-sku84u4014/6939967149.html

Really not too far from me. But this is a bike that has been well... EFF'd with. Ugly as sin and so far from stock it hurts.

Sorry to burst your bubble there my young Jedi!
Have to strongly disagree with you as I have won many roadracing championships over 30 years and wish I could have this well setup RZ in my ownership.

It's exactly what you want for a track RZ! Sure it could use a little detailing...this is not a hack bike or made to be a show bike.
You should be at Road America today for the Vintage Festival AHRMA races and need to look at the top 3 race bikes that come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and This is what you will see winning races on a track.

That is a very nice well built track bike!
Stock RZ's are almost junk for the track.

Chuck

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

SUPERTUNE

Let me help you guys that don't understand what your looking at...

FZR front end and rear end and a race shock (see reservoir) VF reeds, billet intake boost bottle sytem, TM flat slides, Digital data logger and or EGT data, Race tach, lightweight race bodywork, works steering dampner, Clip ons with spider grips, ball bearing clutch perch, frame sliders, TZ mounted/vented race fuel tank, Race radiator, custom made rearsets, toomey pipes and I'm sure it doesn't stop there, for what I can't see inside the engine!
These are all great needed additions for a track bike to go fast on.
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Gill

Whatever floats one's boat, I like it.  :cheerleader:

suey1958

Seizer

I'm currently building (with some assistance from an amazing talent) an RZ track bike. 10K would be IMO an awesome deal for a bike that's essentially finished. A lot of time and money has been spent on that bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdxjim

Gotta agree with Chuck on this one.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Organicjedi

Cool bike with lots of go fast parts. Needs to be yellow and the tail doesn't look right to me. But I'm sure that thing goes like a beast and will win races- what it was designed to do.

27 Cycles

I actually live in Howell..  This place is about 7-8 minutes from my house.  If anyone wants it, let me know all it will cost you is a test ride.. :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

sav0r

Am I missing the data logger in the post? All I see is that Daytana temp gauge, they go for like $125, and I don't believe the record anything.

I am more than okay with this type of build, in fact, I think the bike is cool, I have no interest in riding on the street with that head light. Equally, it would have to come off for the track.

Also, are damper rod forks necessary for the class this would compete in? Seems that even with emulators they leave a lot on the table.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

motodreams

The FZR suspension change may be nice for someone that does not want to spend much money but it leave 'a whole lot on the table' when it comes to a an upgrade.  The stock forks with emulators are not much worse than that the FZR setup.  Ridden both.  RZ cup was a great race series in absolutely dead stock RZ form.  The brakes and soft stock suspension are the biggest hurdless on these bikes for track work.

bitzz

1) I think that is a Showa front end, from a Gixxer.

2)There is NOTHING you can do to make a stock  RZ front end anywhere near as good as that 43mm Showa.

3) If your RZ handles as well as your cartridge forked FZ, you need to work on the FZ.

I'm not trying to offend you, but cartridge fork are just far superior to non cartridge forks.
In race classes that do not allow cartridge forks (VRRA Period 1,2), I run RZ 35mm forks on a RD400 and a TR350, but I have a RZ, a GS1000 and a Honda Hawk, and arguably a Ducati 900SS with that Showa front end. (The Ducati has upside down forks, but it's the same Showa cartridge)(The RZ was Gordie Bush's last RZ Cup bike. It was me that spliced in Gixxer suspension and a Roger "what's his name" WickedATV motor).
RZ forks were good, but not cartridge fork good.
Norton Road Holder forks are better than RZ forks. You can make RZ forks as good as Road Holder forks; take a good hard look at TZ250/350G forks.

Clem

That's a nice track bike. I just watched an NSR 250 track bike go for $5500 not far from here in Mississippi. I would have had to sell the RD350 for it but had no time to do so.

m in sc

only issues i see are it needs intakes (cracked on #1) and those damn cone filters.  that is a good deal for how its set up for sure. I agree about the forks, i have fzr ones on my rd, it handles fantastic. But, those seem , as said, to be early gsxr or?  :vroom: