Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Question regarding flasher relay

Started by rdsarefun, May 22, 2023, 04:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdsarefun

Just putting bike back together ('75 350) and awaiting final parts from Economy so I can have running by next weekend.  I found that my turn signals are not working, but worked previously before teardown. The stop light on the dash also blinks via the light checker, but this is a bad stop light bulb which is on order.  I have ensured that everything is wired correctly and the laminated color diagram from Evan was a great help.  The flasher gives an 'audible noise" when turned on but does not blink.  I have checked continuity between the wiring connections, all sound and the bulbs are all good.  It appears that the flasher's common wire is via the switch (brown/white) and the brown wire is "hot" as it comes from the regulator.  My gel cell battery is a little low on voltage 11.2, and am thinking that this may be the issue as the bi-metallic switch within flasher is not getting hot enough to snap. I will charge my battery this week and then retry, just wanted to get some opinions for members on best method to troubleshoot the flasher.  I was thinking  maybe hook up switch  to a low current battery charger and check the brown/white wire for voltage or no voltage as referenced against the body or case? (as this is removed and on workbench).  Also, the little ground wire with spade terminal was tight and clean. Thanks, Brian

Milan

My LT flasher did the same thing.
Found out the connectors are polarity sensitive.

I had them hooked up backwards & it did not flash.

But your wire colors should tell you.
Mine had the wires off tho

M