News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Bike in Toronto

Started by Milan, June 08, 2023, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milan

I have a bike I am looking at in Toronto.
Last one I got from Canada, the owner drove across, & $450 later, with Haul bikes I had it here in a month.

This owner wont do that.
I have checked shipping & its anywhere from $1500 to $2300.
Plus customs to get it here.

Anyone have other thoughts on options.
As this does not seem doable

m in sc

make a Canadian friend?

bitzz

Palmetto is in Florida?
Who are you talking to and what kind of service are you looking for?
I sold a bike to a guy in Coco Beach (I'm just north of Toronto), he was in a hurry to get the bike, and he paid $2200, all in, for a door to door up scale motorcycle shipper. He had the bike 8 days after he bought it.
https://www.tfxinternational.com/
You can ship it as freight for less, but you need someone to crate the bike.
https://coyote.com/    https://yrc.com/
The cheapest you'll get is have someone crate the bike and deliver it to a carrier's warehouse in Mississauga, and you pick it up at a carrier's warehouse in north Fla.

How much is Haulbikes?

rodneya

If the owner drives it across from Canada, how do you get it registered. If I want to bring a us bike to Canada, I have to book an appointment at the border and bring it through with all the correct import forms.

bitzz

Going south needs the same appointments and forms

Milan

I have gotten a quote from THX.
$1400 + customs, so the $2200 figure above is correct.

I have a coyote account, but yes it needs to get crated, and there still is the customs stuff.

Haul Bikes wont cross border

I bought a bike previously from St Catherines.
Owner drove across, and Haul Bikes picked it up.

Got here, and went to CBP to get form, then to DMV.

bitzz

Maybe I'm missing something here but what "customs". You need a customs broker to file paperwork (you can do it yourself), but there is no customs or duties due is there?
If you're shipping bikes regularly get yourself an account with a customs broker. I use Peace Bridge and that last bike was $280 CDN for the broker.
I could probably be convinced to crate it for you, but I cannot cross the border. You Yanks don't like my kind, I smoke weed.

Daytona1

Easy now! We are not all haters. You are always welcome in my section of ga.

Milan

when its here in florida, I do have an Import agent. He files everything.

wondering if just sending paperwork to Vermont would do it?

I may try that route for a bike, thats coming, that does not have a title
 ( was de-registered )

for now working with seller on a Niagara Falls vacation jaunt.

irk_miller

Tim over at Do The Ton is in Toronto.  He often works in the US. I bought an XR250r from him when he was leaving Hilton Head, SC to go back to Toronto.  There's also a guy over there who's in New Brunswick that has a PO in Maine.  Maybe post over there to see if someone can help or get you to someone who can?