(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

Thanks, you know half the time you make a tool its to save time

RustyRD

one more step down, and countless more to go. Brackets arrived to mount headlight so I had no choice but to mount them.

RustyRD

well have the shift linkage ready for the first test ride, and hope there is not anything major I have overlooked.

85RZwade

That's a winner, Russ. Looking forward to the first ride report!
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Wade here ya go. First ride in my neighborhood, distance one mile. No parts fell off :clap: carbs are way rich, however the engine pulled hard off idle with a noticeable strong hit around 2/3 throttle and blubbering after that. The quick run was really just to check for odd noises and abnormal operation. so far so good. Waiting on jets to arrive and setup carb a little closer per Mr Supertunes suggestions. It has been since 1986 since I had my RZ350 and I sure missed the cackle and burble of a hot two stroke. :vroom:

85RZwade

Right on, Russ! It feels good, doesn't it? Play with brass a little and you'll soon be hearing that sweet 9,000 rpm song. My RZ is almost ready to start riding to work, and I am so looking forward to the on-ramp :righteous:
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Wade,  you are so right , it is very satisfying when making wholesale mods to an engine, and getting to run at full song.  :whoop: This bike was at my fathers house in a shed, and when  I discovered all the parts I had truly forgotten about, this became a project that started last year. I truly miss my RZ and may likely buy another when the stars align and I don't have to take out a second mortgage to buy it. LOL I sold my RZ I bought new due to the birth of my daughter... ya know priorities. :eek: Gotta love it.

85RZwade

I hear ya, boss. I have 4 priorities of my own here!
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

RustyRD

Alright , received new parts today for the shift linkage. The shift knuckle is a little longer which gives the shifter a little better feel, and is easier on the eyes.

85RZwade

Where didja get that sano little item?
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Like it do ya? I took a gamble and ordered this from woodcraft, the little ninja piece fit, however this has an increase in length which improved the shift feel. The part was listed under rearset replacement parts. Here is the part # 05-K128 shift knuckle assembly,female LH, Kaw 650R 06-08. The rod end is left hand threading.

m in sc

thats a nice tidbit of info. *noted

looks good.  :metal: :toot:

NoRiders

RustyRD

well it was time to tackle the mundane job of installing tires. I installed the pirelli on the front, and nothing like 87% humidity and 85° to make me realize that changing tires is low on my list of things to do. Front today and tackle the rear tomorrow. I decided I wanted to change the top triple clamp, wanted a conventional riser setup to allow the ability to swap between different rise and pull back. Waiting on a koso meter to arrive, and hope it comes in tomorrow, and I can work out placement of the gauge.