Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Organization

Started by 85RZwade, May 28, 2023, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I admire organization and aspire to be more so. I have lots of toolboxes and a weakness for little wooden boxes (even the occasional cigar box) that I use to organize drawers. Laura and I had a fantastic day of yardsaling yesterday, and I had asked her not to allow me to buy another toolbox, but...

I told her I wanted to dismiss my request, because this old Craftsman machinist box was just too cool. I think I have come up with a suitable use for it:

Still room for my VM slides, needles, springs and assorted parts. Pretty happy with this acquistion!
I post waayyy too much

dgorms

Ahem! I think I have a few boxes for ya  :whistle:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

not usually a harbor freight fan overall, but these are fantastic. i have my electrical connectors and all the carb stuff in like 6 of these. highly recommend.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/parts-storage/organizers/multi-compartment-utility-box-40528.html

85RZwade

Oh, look! In stock at the Chehalis store(on my way home)
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

I picked up a few of my things from The House of Dennis yesterday, and the carburetor box is filling up. Makes me happy  :vroom:
I post waayyy too much

sav0r

I end up using McMaster boxes for this type of thing. lol
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

85RZwade

I just missed out on a Vidmar drawer cabinet on marketplace yesterday...$100
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

since we're showing off. (and might give a few ideas)

m in sc

(also testing out the new attachment code) yes, 99.9 percent of all that is motorcycle stuff.  :huh:

irk_miller

Quote from: 85RZwade on May 28, 2023, 02:01:04 PMI admire organization and aspire to be more so. I have lots of toolboxes and a weakness for little wooden boxes (even the occasional cigar box) that I use to organize drawers. Laura and I had a fantastic day of yardsaling yesterday, and I had asked her not to allow me to buy another toolbox, but...

I told her I wanted to dismiss my request, because this old Craftsman machinist box was just too cool. I think I have come up with a suitable use for it:

Still room for my VM slides, needles, springs and assorted parts. Pretty happy with this acquistion!
I inherited this very toolbox from my grandfather.  My mom was a machinist, and when she retired I got her Kennedy bottom box to put it on and they pair nicely together.  Did it still have the lock tray that covers the drawers and slides under the bottom drawer when the box is in use?  I assume we're just not seeing it in the pics.

85RZwade

Yes! I didn't get the key, but I did get the tray
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

thats very cool. I have a kennedy box, from my uncle marty on my moms side (only other actual engineer we had in the family) that gave me his when i started college. I used it for pretty much just clock repair tools when i worked in that field.  He did railway inspections on the L.I.R back in the 60s and 70s. its currently stored with all my finer tools for clock repair i dont really use much anymore.

85RZwade

there's a matching bottom box on marketplace for $400 that I'm desperately trying to resist
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak