News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ350, beed a new CDI box, will the banshee CDI box work?

Started by old-too-smoker, August 19, 2019, 10:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old-too-smoker

RZ350, I have checked everything but the cdi box which can not be checked. No spark on one cylinder and an occasional spark on the other, the motor ran fine a few weeks ago and now wont start. Think need a new CDI box, will the banshee CDI box work? I noticed the connectors are different and theres an extra wire on the RZ, which I guess is for the power valve trigger, that the banshee does not have?
RG400
RG500
RD400F
RZ350

m in sc

motodreams

You can also go direct to Borut @ the manufacturer of Zeel if you want to save a few bucks.

The other aftermarket boxes on eBay are not of good quality and will run but likely give you high rpm issues.

You are best to go Zeel than a used OEM box which are expensive.

old-too-smoker

Thanks guys, going to order the Zeeltronics, think I will get a new set of coils also.
RG400
RG500
RD400F
RZ350

teazer

Zeeltronics are good boxes for sure and are used by many Kawasaki triple drag racers.

TSS (Two Stroke Shop) that made some of the trickest RZ350 big motors a few years ago prefer to use an IgnitechDC CDI unit.

It's a personal prefence, but Ignitech are very good ignitions.  Actually that's not a very good word for them.  They are ECUs.